What was the last movie you watched?
Aug 2, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #406 of 456
Just finished Girl With A Pearl Earing - Excellent!

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #407 of 456
hmm, I think it was Cruel Intentions a few weeks back. I'm not that much if a movie guy.

Aug 2, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #408 of 456
The Village

I accidentally stumbled on the "twist" 2 weeks ago and it ruined it for me. Other than that I thought it was pretty good.

Aug 2, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #409 of 456
Nice debut for Ron Howard's daughter...the casting was superb...great suspense...beautifully costumed, designed and shot...my least favorite of MNS's films so far.

John

Aug 2, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #410 of 456
We rented Starsky & Hutch and Secret Window on DVD Saturday. Starsky & Hutch was pretty silly, but entertaining none the less. Secret Window was good although it was easy to figure out what was happening about halfway through.

Aug 2, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #413 of 456
Saw "Before Sunset", the sequel to 1995's "Before Sunrise", with Ethan Hawke & Julie Delpy. Highly, highly recommended.

The new movie shows our two main characters, nine years after we last saw them together. Of course they are older, and seasoned (or beat-up) by their life experience in between. A totally dialogue-driven movie, delivered extremely well by the actors who also wrote the script together. Long, seamless takes only enhance the continuity of the conversation. You can easily imagine being one of the characters yourself, participating in this conversation. Julie Delpy is subtle, yet amazing here, and I defy any of you blokes not to fall in love with her.

It's only about and hour and ten minutes long, so it seems more like a novella than a full-fledged movie. But it's about quality, not quantity here, and it works very well.

For the full view, rent "Before Sunrise" first, and then go see the sequel. But don't wait. Great romantic fare (guys, your ladies will appreciate this a lot). Oh, and Nina Simone is on the soundtrack
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #414 of 456
Last thing I saw was Farenheit 9/11. I didn't think it was quite as good as his Bowling For Columbine documentary. I though F9/11 was a lot of stuff we already knew but put in a way to make some people look really dumb (George W. Bush, obviously). It was good nonetheless, and makes me proud to be in a democratic country. I thought that movie made the United States look like they were under a dictature while Bush was/is president.
blink.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #415 of 456
Last one I saw in the theaters was Troy.

Dunno why it's getting trashed by the critics..

I thought it was pretty damn good..

Aug 3, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #417 of 456
Went to catch Spiderman2, but for some unknown reason the schedule on the web did not match that of the theather, thus I showed up out-of-phase.... [can't trust machines anymore, I should have gone to see i-robot instead...]

Anyway the movie that was left for the night was "The Village," and I visited it... I liked it, my companion hated it...

I thought the scenery was very well done. The "twist" was swiftly delivered as this director usually does. Interesting movie. Will probably see it again when it comes out on DVD.

[edit]=spelling

Aug 4, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #419 of 456
I just finished watching 'Super Size Me'. I gotta say, a pretty interesting movie, and also disgusting. Funny thing though, I was hungry during the whole movie but I never got up to actually go grab something to eat..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back