What was the last movie you watched?
Aug 5, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #421 of 456
Eh,
Just saw Napolean. I thought it was funny, but not extremely. Some of the laughs were a little forced. I also saw dodgeball and anchorman, thought anchorman was pretty dumb/funny, but Dodgeball was the best of the 3. I actually dont like the dumbfunnystupid movies. I wanna go to the Village, but all of my friends obviously go for comedy . . .

Aug 6, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #422 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi
Went to catch Spiderman2, but for some unknown reason the schedule on the web did not match that of the theather, thus I showed up out-of-phase.... [can't trust machines anymore, I should have gone to see i-robot instead...]

Well I did get to see it...today. It was ok, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Aug 6, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #424 of 456
I watched Snatch yesterday for the 15th or so time. It never gets old.
wink.gif
redface.gif

Aug 6, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #425 of 456
I watched Spider Man2. It actually has a decent storyline and some good acting. Combine these with good special effects, I am very impressed.

Aug 6, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #426 of 456
Just got home from Zatoichi. It was not exactly what I expected but very good. The violence was done in a somewhat manga-esque way (or so it seemed to me, but I've only seen a very little bit). The story was very colorful and had many interesting characters, I'd like to see the earlier films and see if I can get some type of frame of reference. I'd say there are two ways of looking at it. If you are looking for an action movie you will be entertained and if you are looking for an interesting story you will also be entertained. And if you are looking for people dancing around to the beat of drums you will be entertained

Pretty bloody too

Aug 9, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #428 of 456
The Insider

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #429 of 456
I just saw "The Manchurian Candidate" which was OK. I would give it three stars out of five. Interesting story and good performances by Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep. However, something was missing. The pacing of the movie was off, and the flashback scenes were incomplete and confusing. My favorite part of the movie was Wyclef Jean's remake of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son." The next evening I went to see "Collateral." This movie was an edge-of-your-seat thriller. I really liked this film. Definitely five stars out of five. The performances were great all the way around. Cruise and Foxx have a great chemistry. The story is tight and just doesn't let up. The music is great too! This is a must see...

Aug 18, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #430 of 456
Also saw Collateral last weekend. It's refreshing to see Jamie Foxx portray other roles besides comedic ones and he's pretty convincing in Collateral. Can't wait to see him portray Ray Charles in the up and coming movie called "Ray". Tom Cruise is also excellent in this movie and I'd give the movie a two thumbs up.

Aug 18, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #432 of 456
kill bill vol.2 got really tiring to me of people dissing this as not as bloody or violent as the first, get some perpective, the first volume was the setup, the second, the payoff. great pair of movies, cant wait until quentin puts them out how he really wanted to see them, as one freeflowing piece of work, should be very cool.

Aug 18, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #434 of 456
kill bill v.2... I didn't really like it. It was too slow at times. Is it me or it seemed really rediculous that a women isn't even phazed after being shoot point blank from a double barrell shotgun. I don't want to dismiss this movie as bad, maybe I wasn't in the mood for this one.

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #435 of 456
Rented Kill Bill 2 as well. After watching the movie, scratched my head for the longest time asking myself why in the world I decided to rent that one.
blink.gif

Liked the first one much better. The second was just.
blink.gif
I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back