What was the last movie you watched?
Aug 25, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #77 of 456
did anyone see Whale Rider? i saw the last 45 minutes of it and could only imagine how the whole movie is! what a great spiritual movie with a wonderful plot and a great message. go see it if you haven't. although it is hard to find because it is being played in very few select theaters. go to this website for a closer look.
http://www.whaleriderthemovie.co.nz/

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #78 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
did anyone see Whale Rider? i saw the last 45 minutes of it and could only imagine how the whole movie is! what a great spiritual movie with a wonderful plot and a great message. go see it if you haven't. although it is hard to find because it is being played in very few select theaters. go to this website for a closer look.
http://www.whaleriderthemovie.co.nz/

I've heard the movie was very good, but I just have to ask, how, and WHY would you only ever see just the last 45 minutes of a film you havent previously seen?

JC

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #79 of 456
i'm guessing cable

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #80 of 456
pic.jpg

Also had Rashomon... but I didn't have time to watch it!

Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
That's what I'm talking about.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #81 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
Also had Rashomon... but I didn't have time to watch it!

One of my favorite Kurosawa films. BTW, your pcdp was shipped that next day. Watch it with the comentary later if you get a chance.

cool.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 6:19 AM Post #82 of 456
oh, i walked into the theater while waiting for another movie, which was going to start in 1 1/2hrs. had to find something to do. i plan on going to see the rest
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 8:32 AM Post #83 of 456
Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines
In China They Eat Dogs 1
In China They Eat Dogs 2

All three on Saturday, first and last in the cinema. And then I went to Belgrade Beer Festival in the evening, so alcohol washed out most of impressions. I believe I was not dissapointed with T3 at all.

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #84 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
oh, i walked into the theater while waiting for another movie, which was going to start in 1 1/2hrs. had to find something to do. i plan on going to see the rest
biggrin.gif

Thank you. My faith in mankind, or at least Head-Fi kind is restored!

JC

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:20 AM Post #85 of 456
Just finished "Fellowship of the Ring" extended edition to prepare fore "Two Towers" gonna pick up this mormimg.

Aug 26, 2003 at 1:44 PM Post #86 of 456
Double Suicide (1969). B&W Criterion Japanese period film. Very intriguing the way the story is told and "set up" before your eyes. If you are familiar with Japanese puppet shows you'll recognize what is going on, but this knowledge is not required to enjoy the movie. Link is full of spoilers. You'd expect some extras being a Criterion disk but there's very little. There may have been a trailer and a color test pattern, that's about it.

edit sp

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:07 PM Post #87 of 456
2001: A Space Odyssey (recently got it on DVD as a birthday present).

I just can't believe it when people find this movie "boring." Slow and contemplative it is, visually poetic, philosophically deep and nuanced, stunningly ambitious, even musically enjoyable. "Boring?" It's one of the all-time great films, in my opinion.

BTW, I enjoy the lighter stuff as much as anything else... my favorite genre is probably sci-fi, but I like almost all of it. Scorsese-style gangster flicks rule...
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #88 of 456
I just watched the first hour and could not stand any more...back in the Film Caddy return envelope.

Gorgeous credit sequence..The script sounded as if everybody was quoting scripture from a pulpit...or being lectured to by a orator who loves the sound of his voice. Contstantly. Like "My lines carry the most important message in this film...so you better listen" So I started to look at the set and design details instead (which are authentic and beautiful) then got so distracted I turned it off.
John

gods.jpg

Aug 27, 2003 at 4:32 AM Post #89 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
I just watched the first hour and could not stand any more...back in the Film Caddy return envelope.

gods.jpg

John,

I loved Gettysburg, which is unquestionably a great film but reacted to this the same way you did, one hour and back in its case to return to the video store. What a terrible disappointment.

JC

Aug 27, 2003 at 4:53 AM Post #90 of 456
Ever seen
1078751-movie-resized200.jpg
?

Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Double Suicide (1969). B&W Criterion Japanese period film. Very intriguing the way the story is told and "set up" before your eyes. If you are familiar with Japanese puppet shows you'll recognize what is going on, but this knowledge is not required to enjoy the movie. Link is full of spoilers. You'd expect some extras being a Criterion disk but there's very little. There may have been a trailer and a color test pattern, that's about it.

edit sp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back