What type of music do Audiophiles on Head FI listen to???
Jan 28, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #31 of 64
Recently:

Electronica/Trance (50%) - BT, Motorcycle, etc.
Hiphop/Electro-hop (20%) - Lady Gaga, Lil Wayne, Black Eyed Peas, etc.
Classical-Rock (25%) - Pink Floyd, LZ, Rush, etc.
Pop/Other (5%) - Sade, etc.

Feb 1, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #34 of 64
Progrock,fusion,goa trance and some weird stuff hard to classify...
BTW,I really love people answering "ethnic" when you ask what kind of music they like..Could please someone tell me what ethnic music is?

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #35 of 64
My first Audiphile system was a tube amp and Electrosats. Everything accoustic sounded amazing almost lifelike and I found myself listening to mainly accoustic music. The system was ultra revealing and only the best recordings sounded acceptable.

Shortly after I heard a friends set up (mid-fi). He was blasting some Alice in chains (not the unplugged version). While his system was not as involving as mine, did not image like mine and did not have the life like quality mine did, it showed me what I was missing.

Now I place the music first. Sure I would prefer all recordings to be reference but that has not been the case and I was depriving myself of some excellent stuff. I will also seek out a better recording of albums I do like but when I am unable to locate a reference recording I do not let it prevent me from enjoying the essence of the music

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #36 of 64
Going by my collection and playlists;

1 - prog rock and its many sub-genres where it overlaps with jazz, metal, folk and instrumental, ambient. I particularly like traditional English of the late 1960s and 1970s, the Scandinavian scene of the 1980s to the present day, post rock/math rock primarily from the US and European prog/metal.

2 - rock such as Led Zep, The Who and The Rolling Stones

3 - soundtracks

4 - indie/punk from The Talking Heads to The Kings of Leon to Depeche Mode to The Ruts

5 - Coldplay.

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #38 of 64
GG Allin.

wink.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #41 of 64
30% classical (20% vocal), 35% rock (all kinds), 30% electronic (all kinds, except for dance and actually trance too, mostly Electro actually) and 5% Jazz. Although the percentages change from time to time and I listen to other genres as well.

Something that's a 'rode draad' (tried to google the term, but Yahoo! Answers gave a wrong answer!) within alot of music I listen to: I like chaos, nasty sounding, experimental music or maybe I just mean progressive music. (examples; Classical: Alban Berg, Rock: The Mars Volta, electronic: Mr. Oizo, Four Tet). With jazz I'm pretty conservative to be honest.

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #42 of 64
Pretty much everything that just, well grabs my attention and makes me curious. Once I've bought it, oh yeah. I started with some classical music and Funk and now I'm digging improvisational Jazz, J-pop/rock and everything with a groovy sound. Nowadays Kagrra has been playing a lot, San their second album really impressed me. Whatever gets to my heart...

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #43 of 64
Well, goin' back for some time now, listinin' at first to Country , then too venturing out to wider horizons then into what's nowadays called "Country AND Western"; Shoot, where does the good loards creativity end <shakes head>
wink.gif

Anything and everything, "Dis,Dat or d'Udda", even... (Dr. John
wink.gif
)

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #45 of 64
Mai 1st Post!
Pretty varied for me...

Jazz/Jazz Fusion: Mahavishnu, Weather Report, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clarke

Electronica/Dub: Infected Mushroom, The Crystal Method, Orbital, Gorillaz

Power & Prog. Metal: Iron Maiden, Tool, Sonata Arctica, Lake of Tears

Reggae: Marley, Sly & Robbie, Sublime (I consider them Rock/Reggae fusion)

"Classic," Prog, and Contemporary Rock: The Doors, Yes, Hendrix, Queen, Pink Floyd, Audioslave...

Jam Bands: Umphrey's McGee, Particle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back