What type of music do Audiophiles on Head FI listen to???
Jan 16, 2010 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Denon2010

Formerly known as Denon5220
I always wondered, all those super rich people who has tube amps and stuff.

What kind of music exactly do they listen to?

My choices are POP and ROCK and TRANCE.

I like Michael Jackson, Armin Van Burren, Vanessa Paradis, ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pink Flyod, ow and that sound track from the Movie

deja vu Denzel Washington

YouTube - DéjÃ* Vu (part4) English

It starts at 6:19 and ends at 7:04 totally unbelievable. Such amazing piano play and it blended so well.

I am into some movie sound tracks and stuff. But this one of them all takes the cake.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 64
I might not be "super rich," but I have an entirely tubed rig.

I listen to quite a bit of classical - baroque and 20th century minimalism seem to be dominating recently, though I do love the classical and romantic periods.

Jazz figures largely, too. A lot of bop, mostly. I also listen to classic country, alt.country, 1980s/early 1990s alternative rock, indie pop, world music, and a little electronica.

But I'll listen to anything that's good. The genres I avoid are most hip hop/rap (with a few exceptions), death metal, extremely commercial music, and contemporary country. There are exceptions, but I don't find much worth listening to in those genres.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #4 of 64
I always listen to anything that sounds good, I used to be this trance fanatic,still has a special place in my heart.

nowadays buying a lot of Jazz, listening to classics like Jimi Hendrix and so on.

Some hard hitting Rock too.

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 64
Pop, Rock, Trance, Ambient, Chillout, Acoustic, Blues, Classical, Jazz, New Age, ...
Pretty much anything well recorded that I find enjoyable.

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #8 of 64
Mainly 70's progressive rock, prog metal, some post-metal, a bit of oldschool thrash and death metal, nothing of what's cool for the kids nowadays.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 64
The only thing that matters to me is how it sounds to me. I dont judge music by genre, if it sounds good to me, i listen to it. Keeping that in mind, the music i listen least to is technical death metal and hip-hop/rap.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 64
Everything that didn't catch me the first time I listened to it. Whatever takes the longest time to get into somehow stays the longest on my PC
redface.gif

: Post rock - Techno - Trance - Classical music from the romantic period - Electro - and a little bit of Rap.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 64
Americana, alt.country, folk, (roots-)rock, some non-commercial pop...

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #12 of 64
I listen almost exclusively to tubes, and I'm happy to listen to anything that sounds good. From stereotypical tube stuff like acoustic jazz and female vocals to bumping techno and trance like Gigi D'agostino. Even Wu-Tang sounds amazing with the right tube gear. After becoming obsessed with tubes, my tastes have opened up and I'm starting to appreciate genres I thought were stuffy before.

There is amazing beauty in every type of music if enough was heart was put into its production.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #13 of 64
90% Classical (Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Corelli, Chopin, Mozart, Brahms just to name a few);
9% Jazz (acoustic) or Dixieland
1% Rock

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #14 of 64
Prog rock and big band jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back