What type of music do Audiophiles on Head FI listen to???
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #16 of 64
There are 3 kinds of music. Rap, Country, and good music.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #19 of 64
Every single type. Just today, I have listen to some Rachmaninoff, Ry Cooder, Chet Baker, Sam Cooke, Beethoven, Bill Evans, Dr. Dre and I'm about to put on some Spanish trio music.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 64
Blues, Rock, jazz (female vocals) Bluegrass, Old type soul music, almost anything with great guitar/s R/B .......really anything recorded well and makes my feet start tappin'.....I don't do rap or metal.... Oh! I'm not rich and I have all tube equipment except for my T.Table and Transport........I like the lists of music everyone has supplied.

Jan 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #22 of 64
I'm a music whore ... I listen to almost everything. Yesterday I purchased some new Christian Contemporary and Alternative. Downloaded Ambient, World, Ethnic, New Age and Classical this week. Next purchase will include Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country and Metal. It's all good
L3000.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #23 of 64
Electronic first, classical second, with some technical metal thrown in for good measure, with occasional ventures into jazz and blues. And you don't need to be uber rich in order to have a high-end system, you just need patience, time, a bit of technical skill, and a good ear. Well, two good ears, technically speaking.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #24 of 64
I'm a huge metal fan, but metal with very rare exceptions is not audiophile grade material. It's just enjoyable. When I'm in the mood to really listen, I reach for Stereolab, or The Orb.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #25 of 64
I can listen to anything besides screamo rock stuff, can never get myself into it. I do find myself listening to a lot of Hip Hop/Pop music.

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #28 of 64
All forms of rock except hard and metal.
I love classic rock(70's-90's) and other forms of rock too.
Rock forms around 80-90% of my music, with little pop, classical and other genres.

Jan 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #29 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a music whore
... I listen to almost everything. Yesterday I purchased some new Christian Contemporary and Alternative. Downloaded Ambient, World, Ethnic, New Age and Classical this week. Next purchase will include Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country and Metal. It's all good
L3000.gif

I want that T-shirt ! Really.

Who here has graphic arts skills?
I need a picture to go with it.
Oh yeah, I'm a poor man with tubes and I listen to everything except music without melody, (usually by individuals with made up names like cali٠phone٠yeah)

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 64
Classical: About 50%. Mostly baroque and romantic era composers. Lots of Bach, Vivaldi, Chopin, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff.

Jazz: about 20%: Almost exclusively stuff from the 1950s-60s. Lots of Monk, Mingus, Davis.

Hip-hip: About 10%: Nothing from the last 10 years. Lots of Mos Def, Tupac, Wu-Tang.

Classic Rock: About 10%: Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Beatles, Iron Maiden

Punk: About 5%: Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Bad Religion

Other: About 5%: Mostly Radiohead. Also a little techno (Chemical Brothers, Okenfeld) when I run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back