What TV series do you watch?
Aug 8, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #31 of 68
All I can say is that DVR's are evil. I'm watching more TV now than ever. The great thing is no commercials, I fast wind through them.

What I watch and how I rate them.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia. 10/10
Weeds 10/10
Hero's 9/10
Dexter 9/10
Saving Grace 9/10
Battle Star Gallactica 8.5/10
Factory 8.5/10
Lost 8/10
Boston Legal 8/10
The Closer 8/10
Californication 8/10
Chuck 7.8/10
ER 7.5/10
30 Rock 7.5/10
Law and Order C.I. 7/10
My name is Earl 7/10
How I met your Mother 7/10
Monk 7/10
Psych 7/10
Pushing Daisy's 7/10

In recent years I enjoyed and became vested in several Serial TV shows. Just about all of them were canceled out from underneath me so I've decided to give up on serials.

A couple of serials that were canceled out from under me.
Jericho 7/10
Surface 8/10

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #32 of 68
What TV card do you have?
I have the Hauppage PVR-150 MCE @ Vista Ultimate although I don't use it. I use it in average one time in two months
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 68
Not sure which thread to necro surrect but decided this one.

Finished Downton Abbey Season 1. Absolutely flawless and the best cliffhanger I can ever remember. Hyped like crazy for season 2.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #35 of 68
Lots of terrible reality TV. The girlfriend and I watch a lot of it because it helps us zone out and realize that we're not as bad a people as we think we are.

Oh, and good stuff like Game of Throne, Breaking Bad, and Dexter.

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #36 of 68

Quote:
Lots of terrible reality TV. The girlfriend and I watch a lot of it because it helps us zone out and realize that we're not as bad a people as we think we are.

Oh, and good stuff like Game of Throne, Breaking Bad, and Dexter.

That is the main goal of the mayority of the relaity shows it seems. I don´t feel sorry for the exhibitionists that make monkey of themselves just for the sake of it as in Big Brother or something but it´s said when they try to portray regular people as a bit slow and dumb as possible.
Are we laughing with the characters or at them?

These feel good reality shows is always the same thing. Have you seen one episode you seen them all.
The only reality show I can enjoy to wire down is Ice road truckers. Every episode is the same so it doesn´t matter that they just roll the seasons :wink: It´s just something relaxing about being on the road in snowy environments lol. Really stupid I don´t understand why it works.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #38 of 68
I am watching Dexter, Friends, Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Game of Thrones. I watched Lost and Battlestar Galactica (newer version), consider them favorites, and highly recommend both.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #39 of 68
I watch NCIS (the Mark Harmon version) and the comedy channel.  I have a DIY computer to record NCIS at 2:00am, John Stewart at 4:00am, and Steven Colbert at 4:30. So I always have a set of shows to watch at my convenience.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #41 of 68
Have a long list to watch. Currently watching

Person of interest
Grimm
Arrow
NCIS
Criminal minds
Big Bang Theory
How I met your mother
2 Broke Girls
Homeland
New Girl
American Horror Story
Bones
Suits

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #42 of 68
Sherlock by BBC, definitely one of the best TV series I have watched in recent years. Eagerly waiting for the 3rd series to be released in 2013.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #43 of 68
Absolutely. I think it's the best show that's been made in a very long time. Just fantastic. 

I've started rewatching Glee with the girlfriend recently. They added all CSI Miami to Netflix (finally) so that, too. Oh, and I just finished the latest season of LA Ink with the girlfriend, too. We're tattoo nuts but I'm officially over that show. Not even close to being about the art anymore.

Quote:
Sherlock by BBC, definitely one of the best TV series I have watched in recent years. Eagerly waiting for the 3rd series to be released in 2013.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #45 of 68
Current series we watch are Homeland, Elementary and bbc's Sherlock.  
For tv I mostly watch old BBC series but am looking for something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back