What TV series do you watch?
Aug 7, 2008 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hey folks..
I wanted to ask you what series you watch regularly.

I watch:
Lost, Prison Break (I still have to watch the final 3 episodes), Entourage, How I met your mother, My name is earl, Heroes, The Office (US), Chuck, Californication, Weeds,

Series I used to watch but stopped at the middle:
One Tree Hill, House, Dexter, Jericho, Smallville, Reaper, 24

There are the obvious sitcoms:
That 70s Show, Friends and Seinfeld - except Seinfeld I've seen all the episodes. Friends is my favorite show, That 70s Show is next.
beerchug.gif

I do watch animated series but not regularly... Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park.

Wow that's a lot of series
duggehsmile.png

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 68
I watched Firefly until the corporate whores canceled it. May they be eaten by large rodents and burn in the pits of whatever hell it is their respective religions discuss. ******* infidels.

Also watched ST: Voyager until the last season. The writers need to be shot for that. Saw a few episodes of Fraiser and liked it, but never got into making an attempt to actively watch it.

Watched South Park, and I'd watch it now except I don't have a tv. Also watched Scrubs some and I'd watch it, too, except for the no tv bit.

I've watched a bit of Seinfeld, Friends, Family Guy, and Rescue Me, and despised them all. Seinfeld wasn't funny, Friends was too rigidly scripted, Family Guy is like a retard with ADD threw a bunch of jokes into a blender and turned the resulting mess into a tv show, and Rescue Me was just stupid.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 68
House M.D. (the double episodes session finale are GREAT), The Closer, Burn Notice (sloppy start but getting a lot better), all three CSI, Battlestar Galactica (currently mid session break).

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 68
none

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #6 of 68
I agree with the fellow who has this as his sig:

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye.

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #8 of 68
I started watching The Unit today, already at episode 7.
Great show
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #9 of 68
Law & Order: SVU
"24" when it comes back on
Diners, Drive Ins and Dives
Throwdown with Bobby Flay

Any and all NHL Hockey I can get.

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #10 of 68
House MD
Mythbusters
Hell's Kitchen
Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (UK, US one is crappier)
Family Guy

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #12 of 68
The last time i had the time to watch tv was way way back....

shows i have enjoyed over the years are as follows:

Monkey Dust
The Staggering Stories of Ferdinand De Bargos
Star Trek TNG, Voyager (Janeway rocks
wink.gif
)
Taken
Green Wing- very funny UK Ch4 hospital comedy
The odd episode of Boston Legal if i can stay awake long enough to watch it.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #13 of 68
Not a single one, really!
I watch the 7pm news, and thats about it...

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 68
It seems all the shows in recent times that I like get cancelled for no reason:

Firefly: Canceled by Fox after 14 eps.
Space-Above And Beyond: Canceled by Fox after 1 season (older series but I just got into it last year)
Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip: Canceled by NBC after 1 season
Futurama: Canceled by Fox unexpectedly during its 4th season
Drive: Canceled by Fox after 4 episodes

I really think that I've been cursing most of the shows that I've been getting into in the last 8 years. Perhaps I should stop watching new shows......

In any case, most of the TV shows I watch are older shows or shows that finished their run a few years ago like Stargate SG1, The West Wing, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, MASH, Home Improvement, Charmed, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, etc. Of the shows that are still on that I like, I tend to follows Stargate Atlantis, Mythbusters and Robot Chicken whenever I'm around cable and I only really follow Chuck and Law & Order SVU + Criminal Intent on public broadcast. anymore.

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #15 of 68
Firefly
SG1 - the spin offs suck horribly
Dexter - Not bad..
The Wire - You guys really need to watch this show, the dialog and how they devlop the character makes this show good.

I hear battlestar is good, i need to buy the first season and see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back