What to do while listening to music?
Jan 11, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #18 of 37
Bicycle

Nookie (HT, not 'phones)

Nothing

Jan 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 37
On my laptop on the couch or on my bed... both are great ways to kick back and relax...

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 37
i like sleep while listening to music or just plain daydream. i tried playing music while working but i get distracted easily and lose focus on the work. Or if i want to get motivated and physically moving, i play music.

Jan 11, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 37
I cannot grade students' exams without listening to music with headphones, and I have exams to grade in the evenings on a steady basis.

Also, I listen to music with IEMs while falling asleep, but cannot actually fall asleep while still listening. What happens is at the precise moment when I start to fall asleep, I have this groovy freak-out reaction that makes me lunge up in order to remove the IEMs, calm down, and go to sleep. I love this habit
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 37
I used to do various things - read articles, write emails and/or poetry, chat via MSN to family overseas....

...until I got my Stax setup. Then listening became the only thing possible
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 37
I always listen to music through fairly standard harman/kardon speakers when on my computer. Graphic design, re-touching photos, browsing forums etc is always accompanied by music.

With IEM's I am either out and about getting from A to B or lying in bed with the lights off and my eyes closed (seems a popular one). I can't sit there and listen to IEM's and do nothing.

I don't use full sized cans but have a hi-fi system which I can just sit in front of for hours and be completely engaged.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #26 of 37
I smoke more weed and then with eyes closed I listen to even more music.
Jokes aside, if you cannot find enough peace of mind to JUST listen, you need to learn to relax. Do some meditation with the music on, and try to find your zen-spot. :)

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 37
Indeed, just listen. Or maybe eat, drink or smoke (a cigarette), but nothing too distracting. If you get bored listening maybe you ought to consider some other music or widening your selection..

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #29 of 37
I listen at work, on the bus, and sometimes doing yardwork..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back