What to do while listening to music?
Jan 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Dougboy

Head-Fier
So what do you guys/gals do when your headphones are on?

Im not really talking about on-the-go because im always preoccupied and music is just background entertainment for me.

But at home, or in other situations, what do you do while playing music through your headphones? I know a lot of audiophiles and music lovers like to just sit there and appreciate music but i find that boring and not very productive unless the music is very engaging.

When i try to multi task, aka browse the net or do some homework while listening to my cans, i find that it kinda takes away some of the musical enjoyment because i cant focus on a task while processing music in my head. So it kind of becomes a background entertaining like when im on-the-go. And i think that kind of defeats the purpose of a great home rig.

So what do you folks do while enjoying music? Do i have to make one compromise or another? Or is there a better solution?
redface.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 37
Sometimes I play video games when sound is not totally necessary in the game, sometimes I listen while cleaning up, or doing almost any task around the house that does not require me to hear. I oftentimes just listen in bed with the lights out, I find that to be the most engaging time of all to listen.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 37
Jan 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 37
surf the net, edit video, graphic design, web design. normally at the pc, if not i am sat in a chair solely listening and concentrating on the actual music.

i guess it varies though, i get my most critical listening done in bed shut eyes and rig engaged!

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #8 of 37
I only listen after 9.30 pm. It seems that by then my brain is beginning to slow down and rest a bit so I am able to just sit there and listen without doing anything else or getting bored.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 37
just listen to the music

anything that is a distraction, is a distraction

of course the compromise is a must if you mean to be distracted

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 37
I cannot sit and simply listen to headphones (unless in the car, or enjoying a view, or about to go to sleep)

I like to browse forums, edit video, maybe do tasks that dont require much brainpower...occasionally ill space out and let my eyes go out of focus and just space to the music, which is really really cool to me. lets me know that the money i spent on this hobby and its powerful enough to engage a space out session. if that made any sense at all
redface.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #13 of 37
One of the following tasks:
* Browse the web.
* Read a book.
* Cook.
* Work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back