What Speakers Do You Own?
Nov 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #196 of 280
Fisher 104 - highly modded, great sound, my main speakers, a gift from a friend going overseas

Mission 70 - amazingly musical, gives up only the deep bass to the Fishers at half the size

Mission 781 - they look and sound like updated 70's, woofer on top, tweeter on the bottom

Proton 300/301 - powered, bi-amped, a bit too forward, good computer speakers

NHT Super Zero - piano black, a bit beat up, good sound, great with a subwoofer

my first speakers - still have 'em, put in new drivers, haven't listened to in years/decades

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #197 of 280
Totem Rainmakers. They're my first hifi speakers (upgraded from a pair of Infinity Primus 150's). I bought them a couple of years ago, and am still satisfied.

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #198 of 280

Quote:
Quote:

(Obligatory photo apologies) 

Energy ESW C-10 sub
PSB B25s
Martin Logan Motion 4s
All running off Hk 3390. I know its mid-fi and the placement is poor, but I enjoy it! And thats the point, right? :D

...What's in the glowing cabinet?

CDs, a Muse program, and some childhood memories :D

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #199 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Energy ESW C-10 sub
PSB B25s
Martin Logan Motion 4s
All running off Hk 3390. I know its mid-fi and the placement is poor, but I enjoy it! And thats the point, right? :D

Are you sure there isn't a CSI lab in there? I'm pretty sure there's a CSI lab in there. :wink:

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #201 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Energy ESW C-10 sub
PSB B25s
Martin Logan Motion 4s

Are you sure there isn't a CSI lab in there? I'm pretty sure there's a CSI lab in there. :wink:

...No guarantees. :D

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #202 of 280
A pair of Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 9's 
ph34r.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #203 of 280
Just added a pair of Cain & Cain Abby's to my speaker arsenal this past weekend.  I've read good things about them and have been curious about them for a while, and when one popped up for sale somewhat locally, I jumped. 

Am I ever glad I did!  Right now, they're driven by a simple tubed integrated (Nohr SE-9) pushing, like, 9 watts or so, and the speakers sound fabulous.  Very un-hifi; very musical.  And they look so damn cool!

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #206 of 280
from a humble pair of m-audio studiophile monitors (that any day now should cede their real estate to some audio engine 2) to beloved magnepan MMGs and up to the large full-size true-ribbon magnepans, the 2.5R.

gone through a lot of others, but the only ones I miss are the first ones I built (from a kit) - I took the bass reflex housings to a car painter and had them sprayed white, a few layers. I think they would withstand nuclear attack :wink: my brother still uses them, 23 years later...

ps - remember though that all sorts of gadgets these days have speakers of a sort, whether it be your laptop or desktop or smartphone or car - not to mention the kitchen radio... I wonder if that's why I love IEMs...!

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #210 of 280
I recently swapped out my Focal Elektra 1028 Be for a pair of Triangle Magellen Cello's.

cello-sw2.jpg

Above:  Magazine photo.

Below: My own in situ  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back