What Speakers Do You Own?
Oct 1, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #136 of 280
These are mine...

DIY speakers (not built by me, sadly I can't DIY for the life of me) and my first decent speakers, not counting the Genelec 8040A I had for a short while.
Probably also my last, since they sound amazing and look good to boot, all for a stupendously small price.

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #137 of 280
Nice Opeth and Cynic on vinyl, i have both those albums
biggrin.gif
Good finish for a DIY work.

These are my other speakers, DIY "helix" enclosure with fostex fe126En, the woodworking came out quite good, pretty bad finish i'll have to redo it in the future.
With digital room correction ( absolutely needed here )  they sound pretty good for nearfield low-volume listening powered by a T-amp, for less than 200€ with amplification i'd say it's a killer setup.

Completely different design philosophy compared to my floorstanders, here it's all about the "less is more" way of doing audio, fullrange point source, nothing between the amp and the drivers. All in all they are pretty effetcive, i wonder how a full-size 208 sigma horn enclosure would sound, perhaps i'll build a pair sometime...even if my dream project is still a Linkwitz Orion system, but that's pretty expensive.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #140 of 280

Quote:
These are mine...

DIY speakers (not built by me, sadly I can't DIY for the life of me) and my first decent speakers, not counting the Genelec 8040A I had for a short while.
Probably also my last, since they sound amazing and look good to boot, all for a stupendously small price.

ooooh pretty

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #141 of 280
My Copies of "Watts"... tweeter amps (6384tube mono blocks) 300B mono Blocks for Mids.....2 JBL Subs.. AND as you can see heavily mass loaded.... Lps are in the back of Rm or (Science Project) as the wife describes my RM.. Sorry for crap pics...

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #142 of 280
For my main home theater system I have two Infinity P362 floorstanding speakers and it's matching center speaker.
Lately i've found that my old JBL Northridge speakers sound better, so I replaced my mains with those.
The imaging on the P362 is TERRIBLE for whatever reason.

The sub is mis-matched when I used the Infinitys. It's a huge JBL sub. E250P, nothing special. I had a Hsu sub for awhile, but couldn't get it to blend in with everything else.

I also have an Infinity TSS-Center which is really amazing for specific uses, but it's too bright for me now.

Upstairs for my second TV I have some cheap Infinity P162 speakers. Nothing fancy.

Infinity speakers are generally kind of boring to me compared to my JBLs. Sometimes that's a good thing.

I guess i'm strange, but I've always liked cheaper speakers ($200-$300/each) more then expensive ones.

In my bedroom I use some Bose computer speakers for my TV(!!). They actually sound OK for this and they're small and have Aux inputs.
I stole them from my desktop since I didn't want to spend any money. All the creative 2.0 speakers I've tried were much worse. I did not try the Klipsch 2.0 system though.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #143 of 280
Here's a pic of the new speakers.....

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #144 of 280
No pics, and i own too many speakers, so, just the ones i listen to most:

Ohm Walsh 3, A/D/S L810.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #147 of 280
I'll take pictures later...

I think I'm finally settled with my current setup (well, for now anyway). Magnepan MMG + Energy S8.3 Subwoofer.

I'm not really sure what is the next big step up. 

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #148 of 280

Quote:
Try blasting some Neurosis on these and you will be happy
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />

I don't have anything productive to add to this thread besides that you guys listen to awesome music. Neurosis, Opeth and even Cynic. bravo.
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #149 of 280

Quote:
Quote:
cn11, Those are so cool!! I bet they "damn near" disappear with the right recordings!   Those look like the top half of the Gallo floor standers???

Thanks! They do disappear very well.They image and throw up a soundstage on a huge scale, much defying their size... which is what I like most about them. Yeah, they are the top portion of the Reference 3.5 floor standers...

I had the Ref. 3.1's before these, with the SA amp, and the Stradas disappear much more than those, with better imaging, resolution, and space. I mean, they reveal details I don't hear with my Earsonics or Ultrasone full sized headphones. I didn't expect them to be that revealing! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back