What should I wish for christmas?
Nov 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

noaboa

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

First of all, I'm new in this forum, so don't bother my beginner-knowledge.

Okay, here's the deal. As you might be aware of, the christmasgifts will soon appear under the christmastrees, and I've decided to write santa for a sweet pair of cans.
What I'm looking for is a pair of cans around the 100$, plus-minus. Since i live in Denmark, Europe, the taxes are in the very-high end, which means what cats in here would define as a 100$-pair of cans, will cost a dane around 150-175$.

But back to the headphones.
I'm mostly going to use the headphones without an amp, directly connected to my ipod and my laptop, but also connected to my bass-amplifier, while practicing. So the phones should be able deliver a good sound both on bus or train and at home, in a more quiet enviroment.

For my music-taste, you'll find mostly jazz, blues, soul, rnb, funk and acoustic in my itunes-libary, but also music that belongs to electronic genres, everything from house and deephouse to chillout-lounge and ambient. - So generally i would prefer a pair of cans who could deliver great sound for both passionate brass-ensembles, bass-based house and relaxing ambient.

I can also tell you that I don't bother at all about looking nerdy, wearing huge-size cans in the public, and neither about the weight.

I've considered the Grado SR-60's or 80's and the Sennheiser HD555, but I haven't heard any of them myself, which makes it pretty hard to choose. Anyway, could anyone out there help me out?

Thank you in advance,
Noa Scheibel.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Check out the Sony MDR-V6 / 7506 (mostly the same headphone) or Audio-Technica's ATH-M50--they both seem to be popular choices among closed headphones within your price range.  In addition, even though they're full-sized they can fold up, which helps transportability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back