What SENNHEISER IE8 good portable headphone amps?
Apr 3, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 24
Low price=iBasso T4
Higher price+DAC=iBasso D10
Higher price without DAC=iBasso P3
Higher still=iQube
Bedside (larger than the above, but smaller than a desktop)=Decware ZH1.

I am probably biased as I own the above amps and am very pleased with the performance of them with my IE8s.

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #9 of 24
HPA said the nuforce icon mobile had forward mids+treble so it made the IE8s stand out more in this department. He also said it tightened the bass up even more. I'm still interested in which to get :/ T4 or Nuforce mobile.

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #10 of 24
I am gonna have to chime in and say that Sennheiser IE8 and Ibasso T4 are not a good pairing. It adds nothing much to the sound except some extra bass which the Sennheiser IE8 does not need more of.

The Ibasso D2 Viper with rolled opamps I am using sounds just awesome though with the IE8. And from what seems to be said on these forums, the Ibasso P3 and Ibasso D10 both sound better then the D2 Viper once rolled with some good opamps.

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 24
I am using the P-51 Mustang with the IE8 and I had earlier posted about my listening impressions of the combination which you may find helpful in your consideration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wht /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been lurking around the forum for some time now and have definitely benefited tremendously from the exchanges of information amongst members. Thanks to all.

I thought it may be time now to offer back something to the community in the form of my impressions of the P-51 Mustang/IE8 combination. I used both the Sony PCDP line-out and Foobar2k -> Ordnance DAC 1 as sources.

Bass: Deep, strong, full and very controlled.

Mid-range: Great vocals, inflections and nuances coming through engagingly.

Treble: As it should be, without sibilance, not rolled off.

Great soundstage with excellent imaging and layering, Voices and instruments were placed laterally across the soundstage and, front to back to some extent.

Detail and Transparency were great. No smearing of voices and instruments even in very busy and complex passages. In the quieter passages, recorded reverberations could be heard.

Good pace, snappy attack of the notes.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 24
just got my ibasso d10 and out of the box with stock amps i can already hear the difference between the xm4 and d10 on my ie8's... its like night and day.

i'm using an apruresound resistance adapter with the ie8s connected to an ipod classic playing losses via qables lod and d10. looking forward to burning in the entire rig so i can begin to get a flavor for rolling opamps.

i can definitely say i had my first eargasm with this set up listening to buena vista social club at carnegie hall. i have listened to this same recording unamped from my iphone, from the classic with the xm4 and now with the d10. there is a definite audible SQ improvement in my experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back