What replacement for SuperFi 3s?
Jul 22, 2012 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Malcy

New Head-Fier
I want to replace my UE SuperFi 3s. However having read thousands of words, I am going round in circles.

To give you some idea of what I am looking for here is a list of hit points (in no particular order):

1. Mainly for travelling
  2. Comfortable fit
  3. Not over ear
  4. Mostly to be used with Samsung Galaxy Note and airliner sound system
  5. Decent noise isolation
  6. I hate heavy bass, so no emphasis in this area
  7. Natural sounding
  8. Under £100, though as little as possible without compromising sound, fit etc
  9. Available in the UK

Any thoughts will be gratefully received.

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 6
I would say as all would expect... Etymotic ER-4PT.

But, In this case I will make an exception.

Etymotic HF5. Good Stuff.

Jim

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
A couple more questions.

Are the HF5s comfortable?

Is the HF2 essentially the same as the HF5 but with mobile phone controls?

Thanks

The HF Series share the same bore/sound tube size as the ER-4 series. They also share the same tip size. They are meant for deep insertion. Etymotic.com have a video on headphone insertion.

I wear my ER-4 as long as 8 hours at a time with Comply Foam tips.

Further, the HF Series has three models: HF5 headphone only, HF2 designed for Android devices, and lastly the HF3 designed for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

In closing let me add the Etymotic Custom Mold Program will put you in custom molded eartips for 100 bucks, and Etymotic gives to it's registered customers the !Awarness App for the iPhone or Android devices.

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 6
The HF5 is an excellent suggestion by Malcy and meets all of your needs. 

If you can handle over-the-ear fit, I suggest you might also give the Phonak PFE 112 at try: 

http://www.audeoworld.com/

I also would recommend the Brainwavz B2 dual armature IEMs.  They also would meet all of your criteria.

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-b2-dual-balanced-armature-earphones/

I just upgraded during the last month from the Super.Fi 3 Studio after six years of use. I've tried and now own both of the above I've suggested.  They are both excellent choices and they seem to me like a natural progession from the Super.Fi 3 Studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back