Dec 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #16 of 109

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
K701's. unfortunately i have to pay for the amp myself :frowning2:

Oooooh you poor thing. 
rolleyes.gif

k701smile.gif
i know right! but seriously, it will take a while...i'm a student with a job that pays minimum wage 

I really really encourage you to wait until you can save for a Stepdance, the 701's and that amp are a perfect match! If you really cannot wait then I also used mine with Gary's PA2V2 until I got the stepdance and the amp had more than enough power to satisfy the 701's! Also the sonic signature of the PA2V2 is a great match to the 701's!

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 109

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oooooh you poor thing. 
rolleyes.gif

k701smile.gif
i know right! but seriously, it will take a while...i'm a student with a job that pays minimum wage 

I really really encourage you to wait until you can save for a Stepdance, the 701's and that amp are a perfect match! If you really cannot wait then I also used mine with Gary's PA2V2 until I got the stepdance and the amp had more than enough power to satisfy the 701's! Also the sonic signature of the PA2V2 is a great match to the 701's!

the stepdance doesn't include a DAC, does it? i mean, technically i don't have a budget, but it would take me forever to save up for that, then a DAC afterwards

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 109

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oooooh you poor thing. 
rolleyes.gif

k701smile.gif

the stepdance doesn't include a DAC, does it? i mean, technically i don't have a budget, but it would take me forever to save up for that, then a DAC afterwards

No, your right, neither of my suggestions do so I guess it would be an ibasso that you would be looking at.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #19 of 109

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oooooh you poor thing. 
rolleyes.gif

k701smile.gif

No, your right, neither of my suggestions do so I guess it would be an ibasso that you would be looking at.

any model specifically?

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #21 of 109

any model specifically?

I am not the best to ask as I decided to  not muck about with  gradual upgrading from the PA2V2 via lower priced models and went right to the stepdance.. A decision which has turned out to be my wisest one in Audio!

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #22 of 109

Quote:
any model specifically?

I am not the best to ask as I decided to  not muck about with  gradual upgrading from the PA2V2 via lower priced models and went right to the stepdance.. A decision which has turned out to be my wisest one in Audio!

if i did decide to get the stepdance, what DAC would match up well with it?

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #25 of 109

Quote:
Quote:
any model specifically?

if i did decide to get the stepdance, what DAC would match up well with it?

Funny you should ask this as it is something I have been researching. For linking to my computer I have been thinking about these from Alo,
http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_4_115

But first, early next year I am getting this!
http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_121&products_id=602

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #27 of 109

Quote:
Got a nifty pair of 595's.

And yes, they smell a lot like plastic.

Plastic tends to smell like plastic
biggrin.gif

Anyways, parents got me an N2+M3 combo and it comes with a free M1. Buying myself a T50RP when they come back in stock and a DT48.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #28 of 109
I treated myself to an early present of an HD650. It also had a strong fresh from the factory smell, mainly from the pads, but that soon disappeared.

Congrats to the people that unwrapped MS-1is and M50s. I wish people knew me well enough to gift me awesome starter cans when I was starting out.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #29 of 109
Got myself the HD25s as an early present, too. They're second-hand, already burned in, and half-price :D I've been lusting after them for the last six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back