What Live concerts have you attended?
Sep 17, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #364 of 739
Last 2 concerts I saw were Dinosaur Jr and teal leaf green. Dinosaur was sooooo loud it was insane. I mean 3 marshall stacks? J was amazing though and it was totally worth possibly loosing my hearing. tea leaf was pretty amazing as well.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #365 of 739
Only the Big Names...
Indie:
Animal Collective (07,09) [the first time was phenomenal, second time not as much]
Andrew Bird (05, 07) [a fantastic performer and musician]
Of Montreal (06) [my favorite of the lot]
The Decemberists (06) [rather dull excepting the Mariner's Revenge Song]
Rock 'n Roll:
My Morning Jacket (07) [fabulous]
REM (05) [not bad, wonderful theater]
Kings of Leon (06) [boring]
Incubus (03) [BIG mistake]
DMB [in '01 or '02 when they were still interesting]
Gin Blossoms [at a BBQ cook off]
Other:
Chris Thile (06) [extremely talented]
Nickel Creek (06) [really tight, got my dance on]
The Frames and Damien Rice (04) [the Frames were great, Damien Rice was phenomenal]
St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (innumerable times) [always a pleasure]
James Taylor (05) [with the 'rents]

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #367 of 739
I haven't been to that many. I usually don't go out of my way to go see people perform. I don't even listen to half of the artists I've gone to see.

Yellowcard, Glay, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Shoko Nakagawa, Auncia, Moi dix Mois, Morning Musume, NERD

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #368 of 739
Yonder Mt. String Band x2
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones x2
Victor Wooten x2
Umphrey's McGee x3
Dave Matthews Band x3 - Not nearly as impressive after LeRoi passed, although I do like Jeff alot
STS9 x3
Pretty Lights
Eliot Lipp
Pnuma Trio
and some varies artists at the local jazz club

Oh ya, and Garth Brooks. My parents dragged my brother and me to it when we were kids. NOT a good time.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #370 of 739
Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last 2 concerts I saw were Dinosaur Jr and teal leaf green. Dinosaur was sooooo loud it was insane. I mean 3 marshall stacks? J was amazing though and it was totally worth possibly loosing my hearing. tea leaf was pretty amazing as well.

Talking about a loud concert.
I saw Manowar around 1988 and they were LOUD.I was standing next the soundtable in the middle of the concerthall,and remembered my pants were shaking from the soundwaves.
Marshalls all over!

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #371 of 739
I have been to exactly 2, but they were both fantastic.

First one was Opeth at a bar in San Antonio, which blew my mind.

The second one was Tool at Nokia Theatre which further blew my mind.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #372 of 739
I saw U2 at the University Of Virginia's Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, Virginia this past Thursday night. What an extravaganza! This is a relatively small stadium and I had excellent seats. There aren't too many bands that can put on a stadium concert anymore. U2 has it down to a science. After an absolutely deafening set by Muse, U2 brought the place down. This was the sixth time that I have seen U2 and I have to admit it wasn't my favorite show. I think that the "ZooTV" tour will always be my favorite. (followed by the "Elevation" tour) They emphasized the newer stuff which I guess is to be expected in a thirty-year career. However, I really miss hearing them do the song "Bad." (...which I have always thought was their best live song) Charlottesville is a great town and it has basically been "U2-ville" for the past week! The local television news, the front page of local newspapers, every hotel room in town, traffic, and parking throughout the area all dominated by U2's appearance. It was something to experience that's for sure. While I was there I visited the bar where Dave Matthews was a bartender and where he played early in his career. All in all it was a great musical weekend...

Other concerts that I have attended...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/wha...99/index6.html

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #373 of 739
Dir en grey x1
Mono x1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dinosaur Jr was playing in Atlanta when I went to the Mono concert.

Mono had their volume turned up super loud too, which I thought was kind of a shame, since their music isn't necessarily 'loud' music. I guess they use some tricks with reverb though.
frown.gif

Wish now I'd bought the filtered earplugs in time. Had to wear regular earplugs.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back