what kind of sounding iems are perfect for me?
Mar 28, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #16 of 20
Oh, you might not get free shipping then. The microphonics are sort of bad worn cord down without the clip to be honest. With the clip it's certainly manageable and sometimes un-noticible.

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
personally, I found the TF10's sparkle a bit tiresome, the slightly recessed./recessed mids didn't help either. but that's a discussion for another day
anywho, there are many reports of fitment issues with the DDM so I would read more into that.
and also, knightrider, in order to find those prices, you need to call both onecall.com and jr.com asking for the best price

I agree with you about the tf10, never liked it at all because it's too fatiguing on almost every song i was listening to. Never knew why people liked them but they are analytical phones.

And to the OP, last week i ordered my ie8 from jr.com through the phone and they gave me 250 USD as the price, so it is possible. It depends on your luck on whichever sales rep you get; the first quote i was given was 270 and the second quote was 250, which i think is the lowest price you could go. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
same thing :D i don't understand how calling in will result in a 150$ price drop, do you bargin with the person on the phone? haha

in fact, that's what you do.
well, it also depends on which sales rep you get, some put up a fight, others just give you the lowest price possible

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 20
ive narrowed it down to ie8 or mtpg haha
I'm not a fan of having the bass override the treble id rather have a nice balance between the two.  a large soundstage i cant really comment on because i have never really experienced a  large soundstage.  reading up on some threads ie8 have more bass and the mtpg has more forward middles and a more pronounced treble.  So right now im leaning towards mtpg but im intrigued by the large soundstage of ie8.

What if i said i had a J3 mp3 player.  Could i get the ie8 and turn down the bass to sound more balanced and tweak the rest of the sounds so it sounds more balanced like the mtpg?  That way i can experience the large soundstage and a balanced sound like the mtpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back