What kind of cheese do you have on your Philly cheese steak?
Feb 17, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #47 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canada, too far away to pay you a visit but thanks anyway. I should check out Arby's and see if they sell them.

[simpsons]
"people do all kinds of crazy things on tv; like eat at arbys!"
[/simpsons]

wink.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #49 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a much heated debated on who has the best in town. There are a lot of places that I have yet to order cheese steaks from but I feel I have gone to most of the more popular ones.
My order would be:
1) Jim's
2) Rick's
3) Tony Luke's
4) Pete's Lunchbox (truck at 33rd and Lancaster)
5) Ishkabibble's

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #55 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
illegal cheese?

is that cheese made from sick birds?

omg!

No, it's illegal because it is deliberately infested with maggots, whose digestive juices change the consistency of the cheese.

Yes, I'm serious.

Check out Spareribs's cheese thread for more info. There is a link to the Wikipedia entry for this foul stuff in one of the posts.

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #56 of 85
Half digested cheese? xD

I'd rather stick to my American cheese; I struggle enough with the Lactose.

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #57 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a much heated debated on who has the best in town. There are a lot of places that I have yet to order cheese steaks from but I feel I have gone to most of the more popular ones.
My order would be:
1) Jim's
2) Rick's
3) Tony Luke's
4) Pete's Lunchbox (truck at 33rd and Lancaster)
5) Ishkabibble's

Yeah, baby! Ishkabibble's Spanish fries rule! I'm totally down with Jim's, but you always have to wash your clothes when you get home, right? Leaves a stink (but a good stink) on you.

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #58 of 85
Last time I was in Philly I got a really good vegetarian Philly Cheesesteak, though I would have preferred real cheese to the soy "cheese".

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #59 of 85
Guess I'm not the most traditional, but a few slices of sharp chedder and swiss is pretty yum.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #60 of 85
I put any kind of cheese on anything and everything. Except American and Velveeta, both of which I don't actually consider to be cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back