What is your Favorite Digital Music Player (mp3)??
Sep 5, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #63 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
meizu is a serious player with FLAC ability. Folks, please listen clearly...Archos digital output to a good DAC is simply amazing.

Those who listen will be rewarded.

Archos 605 - optical out (DVR station) - HR desktop Max with Max DAC - AKG 701's

that is not exaclty portable or even easily movable.

edit: many many d2 threads out, not hard to find opinions. i sold mine once i bought and listened to the ipod touch as i was convinced it would be so superior to it that it would be harmless to just plug into the little ipod. that first plug in delievered to me, better bass, gapless and less harshness. i sold my d2 about 3 or 4 months later after having abandoned it in an ipod sock for too long

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #64 of 80
d2 isn't bad IMO, but stay with iaudio 7 if you don't need the video function though. I thought D2 sounded worse than X5 and i7

EDIT: oh, I forgot to mention small size and 60 hours of battery life for i7

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #65 of 80
the nano 3g is also a surprise for me. meizu m6 is a classic (mine just died though [eternal white screen of death it was])

for iems (as hiss matters with many other than the legendary ety), d2, nano 3g, zune are good as hiss is very low, but so too is bass rolled off to a large extent.

nano 3g at least boasts a great stereo image

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #66 of 80
For me it will always be the ipod. Have yet to find another player that will allow me to control it through my home stereo with the recivers remote and also have the ipods menu on my television screen. It also allows me to control it through my car stereos head unit. I can scrol through the songs using the head units remote while the ipod is safely tucked away out of sight in my glove box. Then there is the ability to connect it to my portable amp using an LOD. Have yet to find another player that does all of this.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #69 of 80
I have to say Sansa clip. Great sound quality and OGG support and it is tiny and dirt cheap compared to most mp3 players. I only payed 50 for the 4gb one. I still have an X5L but that had one flaw I really didn't like, the lineout was on a seperate attachment and that attachment was flimsy I bent two of them and had to buy it again twice. To top it off the lineout rolled off bass and it wasn't popular enough to have good cheap lod solutions like the ipod, any decent lod was expensive. Soundwise though, it is still the best mp3 player I've heard.

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #71 of 80
My D2 because of expandability,god like battery, and amazing file support. That and its the only player that I have actually have survive longer than a year (im rough with my gear sorry)

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2 has been brilliant so far.

Might get an S9 though....

Nooooooooooooooooooo wait for the D3 the S9 doesnt have expandable memory like the D2 and it only playes vids at 272x480
frown.gif
But it does look amazing
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #73 of 80
/me love the 1G iPod nano. Highly portable, durable, and with decent sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back