What is your Favorite Digital Music Player (mp3)??
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #31 of 80
iPod Touch -- I thought this would be gimmicky, but I picked one up with the current MacBook rebate, and I'm just amazed at how useful it is. If you jailbreak it, it's even better. I can browse full web pages in Safari, check my gmail account, get on IRC, play some NES ROMs, even VNC to my computers. And it plays music, of course
smily_headphones1.gif
It means I don't have to bother to carry my laptop around with me anymore.

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #33 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm personally waiting for the price of refurbed ipod touches to go down so I can pick one up and use it as a PDA of sorts.

I'm sure Apple will be refreshing their iPod line-up within months, so refurb prices on the Touch should drop even more. You can get an 8GB Touch for $200 right now, and I'd be willing to pay that much, given my experience with the free one so far.

P.S. posting this from my iPod
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #34 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm personally waiting for the price of refurbed ipod touches to go down so I can pick one up and use it as a PDA of sorts.

I am actually having the same idea. Not much interested in iPod touch as mp3 player, but more as a PDA.

Engadget just reported Apple will be releasing new iPod soon
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #35 of 80
A little off the beaten path, but I use te Korg MR1000.

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #36 of 80
my iPhone really has a sweet sound. What is interesting to me is what actually sounds better?

LOD or mini to mini?

Obviously each have their difference because of the connector and also the player's line out type. I have run across different impedence from a headphone jack vs line out.

Getting back to the itouch PDA therory, I'm typing this on my iphone while listening to killer tunes!!

I guess convenience matters!! Plus I only listen to lossless formats. That does elivated the game!!

Aug 23, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #39 of 80
iPod nano. I can play movies, slip into anything because of its size, and sounds very nice.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #40 of 80
I just picked up a used iAudio 6. This bad boy looks sleek. I'm guessing the 7 just adds size?

I guess size does matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iAudio 7 isn't bad either (16GB, 60hrs playback, FLAC, small size) great IEM companion IMO

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #44 of 80
ive only had a 1g nano and the iphone

firstly thought the iphone wasnt too sharp, then i went back and tried my nano, had too much bass for me, indeed i use my iphone with treble boost on all the time now

never lossless, takes up far too much space on laptop and player

Aug 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #45 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do u like your Benchmark??

hey - i am liking it a great deal, its a revelation to me personally, am amazed at its versatility and customizability (sic?) with all the connections inbound and out, i can hook up everything i have and more, and switch between sources at the flick of a knob.

the jewel at the center of my rig for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back