What is your Favorite Digital Music Player (mp3)??
Aug 20, 2008 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Instead of a poll which usually only covers a few......mention your favorite player and why...
darthsmile.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 80
iAudio X5L. great sq, native FLAC capability, several functions. long battery life.

It is rather heavy and small hard drive though (30GB is the max)

I hope I can diy a different sized HDD into it.

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 80
Gas-powered Meridian for the win!

I've only owned a couple players, but I guess my favorite is my iaudio u2, if only because I can navigate the thing without taking it out of my pocket. Honorable mention: Ipod 5G that only works when it damn well feels like it. (Just like my ex-wife)

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 80
Ipod video 60gb, why well because it was the last mp3/4 player I bought and it runs Rockbox! Also the 60gb is a great amount of storage.

I want/will get if I can ever afford it is a
Cowon P5 as it looks awesome in red! And it does EVERYTHING!!!

Very honourable mention to the 4gb Sony NZ7 I had prior to the Ipod as it sounded superb, very long battery life, was easy to use and had a great screen, though it was let down by it's small capacity and having to use sonicstage!

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #10 of 80
If we are judging only on its ability to play music, probably the ipod classic 160GB version. More space = more music and lossless encoding.

However, if we are comparing the best all around, I would give my vote to the 16GB iPod Touch. In addition to playing music, it gets my email, surfs the web, can be used as a remote for iTunes, can be used as a remote for my Roku soundbridge using the Slimserver interface, does video (on a decent sized screen), takes no time to load photos (unlike my Creative Zen W), has a Pandora interface, etc, etc... I would give up my 160GB player for the Touch any day of the week.

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #12 of 80
meizu is a serious player with FLAC ability. Folks, please listen clearly...Archos digital output to a good DAC is simply amazing.

Those who listen will be rewarded.

Archos 605 - optical out (DVR station) - HR desktop Max with Max DAC - AKG 701's

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 80
I've had only two MP3 players in my life.
An iAudio G3 2GB that I really liked, and my current iPod Classic 80GB.
I guess I like the iPod more :p

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #14 of 80
Toshiba gigabeat for me! Its the fastest/best Rockbox runner that I know of (much faster cpu than an ipod with its 2 lil cpu's) So it plays Flac, ogg, mpeg movie files, whatever! Comes with a wired remote, 20-60 gb's.

Coolest looking goes to the olympus M:robe, black with red led's, very retro, but a wimpy audio output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back