What is your Favorite Digital Music Player (mp3)??
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #19 of 80
The 1st. generation iPod nano.
Clean little durable player, with enough features for my use.

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 80
Karma - Gapless everything, flac, and tactile controls. - none of this touch nonsense. Sounds pretty awesome too.

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 80
For me it's my 2nd gen ipod shuffle. Not about the sq, it's about keeping me and my will to live alive at work.

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #23 of 80
gapless playback wasn't too important to me - I tend to play random and skip more songs than I listen - long battery life + good sq + large capacity for FLAC files are what I look for in mp3 players.

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #24 of 80
After a long search and many, many players.... I am happy with my Zune 80.
Great SQ
Very good capacity @ 80GB
Gapless
Big fat juicy album art
There is a Podcast trick that results in audiobook bookmarking that I really like
Best Interface and Controls I have seen
9 months w/ everyday use w/ no case and still looks brand new - I do not baby it but there really isn't a scratch on it.

If it had better battery life, dj functions, and delete on the fly it would be perfect.

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 80
Imodded ipod. 4th gen of 5h gen
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #26 of 80
I have a few favorites.

Sharp MD-DS8 and Sony NW-HD5 for absolute sound quality. HD5 also gets kudos for a great line-out function.

Sansa Clip 1GB for the ultimate "disposable" player.

iPod Mini (second generation) for the most perfect realization of the iPod line ever. If I ever decide to tote around a portable amp again, I will definitely pick one up and CF/diyMod it. In my opinion, the iPod Mini is the pinnacle of iPod design. It also had a great, great clickwheel, much better than the newer generations which are more than a little touchy.

iPod Shuffle (first generation) for HOLY CRAP HOW DOES THIS STICK OF GUM SOUND SO GOOD

Sony NWZ-A728 for a great-sounding DAP with fully tactile controls, an island of relief in a sea of touch-screen and touch-pad DAPs.

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 80
iAudio X5L for me also. No fancy DACs required. Just straight-up acceptable output into your favorite earphones or, even better, into an amp and then earphones. Also, 5-band EQ for those really old recordings.

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #29 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huckster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Toshiba gigabeat for me! Its the fastest/best Rockbox runner that I know of (much faster cpu than an ipod with its 2 lil cpu's) So it plays Flac, ogg, mpeg movie files, whatever! Comes with a wired remote, 20-60 gb's.

I agre but the touch controls were a pain when I had it... Bad enough to warrant me selling it. Loved the little dock though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iriver ihp-140 w/ rockbox

does everything I want it to do, from sounding good from its headphone out to outputting digital

I concur. My H120 has replaced my PC for playback due to it being less hassle. Sounds great from the headphone out, nice controls, very good recording plus has optical out.

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #30 of 80
Sony NW HD5 because of its line out my zune doesn't have one
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back