What is YOUR biggest obstacle in experiencing audio nirvana?
Mar 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 46

Quote:
My head :wink:...

me, too.  being overly analytical.  not seeing the forest for the trees.
it's a lot of:
"gee, that's more treble than i'd like." 
"hmmm...  i wonder if that distortion is in the recording, or something wrong with my headphones."
"that trumpet sounds softer through this source than my other source."

instead of:
"wow, that's a cool song!"

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #20 of 46
So being able to discern those small differences is both a blessing and a curse?

Quote:
Quote:

it's a lot of:
"hmmm...  i wonder if that distortion is in the recording, or something wrong with my headphones."

instead of:

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #21 of 46
My own mental audio insanity to find perfection. Once you find nirvana you realize a new level can be achieved.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #22 of 46
i must admit, when i read sources, the first thing i thought was true... can't get an ideal DAP yet. then you guys talked about the files themselves, and i agreed that finding certain albums in flac quality can be a challenge.. but ultimately, everything can be had if money weren't a concern, so my vote goes to money..

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #23 of 46
Money offcourse, time

But also, me. Always longing for better ones, while not enough enjoying the ones I have (which I longed for before). Sometimes just have to force myself to appreciate what I have, luckily, if I do that, I still can.

But my first experience with a mid-end can got me closer to an Audio Nirvana experience then I get these days.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #24 of 46
IMO everything will come back to money 
ph34r.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #26 of 46
I'd have to say that Audio Engineers are the biggest obstacle.

The crap that passes for engineering so that music will sound "good" on crap gear makes it tough for me to enjoy what I know darn good and well could have been a great recording is what keeps me from AN.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 46

Quote:
Quote:

it's a lot of:

instead of:

x3.  In a word- experience.   The first time I put on decent headphones I was in heaven.  14 headphones, 4 dacs & 4 amps later, I can clearly hear the limits of those and all other headphones I've heard since.  Knowledge got me kicked out of the garden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back