What is the closest headphone to the LCD2?
Oct 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zenpmd

New Head-Fier
I like them, but I find them so uncomfortable. My next preference is the T1, but sometimes I wish maybe it showed up the noise of old recordings less, which the LCD2 is very good at. The comfort of the T1 is exceptional and the bass is still good. But is there anything even more like the LCD2?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I like them, but I find them so uncomfortable. My next preference is the T1, but sometimes I wish maybe it showed up the noise of old recordings less, which the LCD2 is very good at. The comfort of the T1 is exceptional and the bass is still good. But is there anything even more like the LCD2?

Thanks

Heya,

Mad Dog T50RP + Stax Pads (comes to just under $350 total).

All the dark goodness of the LCD2, excellent extension, good tight textured bass, and gorgeous mids. None of the brightness or imperfection enhancement of the T1 in regards to treble.

The HE-500 (the one I went with, over the LCD) is very bassy, darker than the HE-6, but not dark like the LCD/MadDog. I find it comfortable enough. It's not as comfortable as my Denons or Beyers. But I can wear it a few hours. It's a heavy headphone and all the pressure lands on the cups for me, the headband is a thin little leather strap with minimal cushion in it. I keep wanting to add some padding to the headband to make it very, very comfortable and put the weight of the cups on the band instead, but haven't gotten around to it because it's comfortable enough that I don't get bothered by it.

Alternative: you like the T1, so maybe just equalize the treble spikes down a touch so that it's a darker presentation, and you'll have what you're looking for without a cost.

Very best,

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Heya,

All the dark goodness of the LCD2, excellent extension, good tight textured bass, and gorgeous mids. None of the brightness or imperfection enhancement of the T1 in regards to treble.

The HE-500 (the one I went with, over the LCD) is very bassy, darker than the HE-6, but not dark like the LCD/MadDog. I find it comfortable enough. It's not as comfortable as my Denons or Beyers. But I can wear it a few hours. It's a heavy headphone and all the pressure lands on the cups for me, the headband is a thin little leather strap with minimal cushion in it. I keep wanting to add some padding to the headband to make it very, very comfortable and put the weight of the cups on the band instead, but haven't gotten around to it because it's comfortable enough that I don't get bothered by it.

Alternative: you like the T1, so maybe just equalize the treble spikes down a touch so that it's a darker presentation, and you'll have what you're looking for without a cost.

Very best
where are Stax pads for $100?

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Heya,

Very best,

Quote:
where are Stax pads for $100?

I'm interested in this as well Mal.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 8
Found some for $114 dunno if they are the right ones but fit the SR007..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAX-Earpads-for-SR-007-Series-Pair-BROWN-Ear-Pads-/200823885834?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2ec209500a

I'd like to recommend the HE500 also (surprise surprise! to the peeps who know me), they are similar to the LCD's only with a bit more zest and soundstage. Defo more comefortable too. Still heavy, but don't clamp nearly as bad. Also they don't squash your face when your lying down or resting your head back like the LCD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back