What is the best recorded cd(SQ) you've heard?
Dec 8, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #31 of 96
Off the top of my head, the best SQ I've ever heard is from Dave Matthews solo album "Some Devil"

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #33 of 96
I would also have to add 311's Transistor CD. It was released in 1997 but every time I listen to it on a set of phones I always hear new noises in the backround. A lot of the softer songs have a really warm sound to them. i believe the album was also recorded in HDCD, not really sure if that means much.

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #35 of 96
No expert here, but The Violent Femmes - Why Do Birds Sing? sounds really great on my KSC-75/LDM+
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #36 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think their yoshimi/robots album sounds pretty mediocre as far as good recordings go.

That surprises me. The production's very stark, but the SQ is very vital, I think, and hearing the 5.1 mix on DVD-A is just amazing.

On the subject of The Beatle's "Love", I enjoy listening to it, and it's another album that sounds great on 5.1, but I wouldn't single it out as an audiophile recording because it has no soundstage that can be related to real people playing in real space.

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #37 of 96
I feel the John Peel Session recordings with The Smiths are pretty good. Every instrument sounds crisp and the vocals really sing.

Dec 8, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #38 of 96

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #39 of 96
I bought Neil Young's CD/DVD Praire Wind when it first came out. It has the Audio recorded at both 48K/24bit and 96K/24bit. Supposedly the highest available bitrates at the time.
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #40 of 96
Quote:

Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Best? You mean worst, right?
basshead.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #42 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clapton unplugged continues to WOW me.

x3

Even on my noobish headphone setup I've not heard more realistic accoustic guitar tones on any other of my albums.

Dec 8, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #43 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Two Cents relatively recent:

Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics

Sorry dude, I hate to criticise other people posts, but just to warn people off this album:
It really is the worst recorded CD of the year: I had to erase it from my digital player because it would hurt my ears, and I do like the Lips

Dec 8, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #44 of 96
-Italian Job Score by John Powell. Extremely well mastered, dead quiet and very clean. You can tell they used high quality mics and equipment. Great soundstage. Has a good combination of acoustic jazz instruments plus good integration of symphony and orchestral music with a touch of electronic samples.

-RadioHead - OK Computer is also a very clean and well recorded album.

-Pixies -Doolittle, very clean no stray sounds, good soundstage, fun to listen to, well miced.

-Infected Mushroom - BP Empire. For Electronic/Acid Trance has great samples and an amazing soundstage. You can tell they use very high quality equipment. They also put in good acoustic samples. Very low noise. Extremely clean.

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back