What is the best recorded cd(SQ) you've heard?
Dec 24, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #92 of 96
Kansas - "Leftoverture" for the opening vocals to "Carry On My Wayward Son"

Opeth - (Could really be any of the Stephen Wilson records or Ghost Reveries) because even my mother thought it sounded pretty good despite death vocals.

Slayer - "Reign in Blood" So heavy, so simple, but brilliant and straight forward no frills recording. The energy in the sound is almost tangible. It makes you want to punch infants.

Pretty much any Tool record. Just brilliant work making Adam's guitars so heavy, the bass is present and accounted for, vocals are just perfect, and within it all the drums don't get lost. Their records are practically artwork.

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #94 of 96
The best sound I get is from Handwritten Notes by Preston Reed. A very sparse, but simple recording of the best guitarist I've ever heard. Period.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #95 of 96
Nice avatar Zorrofox! Bubbles is my favorite too.

Repeating some, I know...
Steely Dan - esp. Aja, Pretzal Logic
Joni Mitchell - Blue (I'm thinking of pickin' up the remastered Rhino LP...)
Allison Krauss - So Long, So Wrong (180 gm. on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs)
I heard the Morning Jacket 'Okonokos' LP release was really well done too...anyone heard this?
all the Chesky stuff I've heard is unreal but I often don't love the actual music.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #96 of 96
Thanks for the My Morning Jacket tip, downloading right now. I've got all their studio stuff and it is quite superb. I haven't got around to trying them on my new cans. I'll remedy that tonight. I love Fridays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back