What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your opinion?
May 20, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #65 of 122

Quote:
What are the two players you're talking about? The HiFiMAN has components superior to any DAP on the market.

any two players, have you ever owned a fuze , clip , cowon s9 , S:Flo2  if you haven't then you can say objectively that one is better then the other based on a price tag.

now me on the other hand i have owned all of them and i would chose the fuze ..... only one i haven't is S:Flo2 zzzzzz so hard to get.

May 20, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #66 of 122
Simplistic is not a bad thing. Its the implementation that makes the difference. IMO, the Sony EQ on the new X-Series, and especially the "Clear Bass" option on most of their other players is superb
Have you had a chance to listen to a Sony yet?

Quote:
Wow you mention Sony and Cowon  and talk about EQ and mention the Sony in particular. Sony EQ from what I have seen is very simplistic compared to the EQ and BBE settings on a Cowon player.

May 20, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #67 of 122

Quote:

You have heard them both? How do they compare to the Kenwood HD20GA7? This guy thinks that the XA HD-500 sounds better than the HD20GA7 (but only a little bit better). More here.

I think the XA HD-500 seems nice, mostly because of the included cradle with line out and the IR remote. I was thinking it would be nice to plug it in to my home set up and use with wav-files. But on a 6GB microdrive I would only be able to fit a maximum of 15 albums...
But it still looks interesting.

i have not heard both, but someone said that the V80 is the highest model of JVC player. Maybe you should try V80 and compare them and pm me the answer before i decide which one i want to buy :D

May 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #69 of 122

Quote:

i have not heard both, but someone said that the V80 is the highest model of JVC player. Maybe you should try V80 and compare them and pm me the answer before i decide which one i want to buy :D

Haha! I was going to ask you the same thing! 
wink_face.gif

The thing about the XA HD-500 that I like is that there is a cradle with a line out AND a wireless remote included. So I was thinking about using it at home mostly. The V80 looks nice, though.

May 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #70 of 122

Quote:
Trysaeder, watch your language.  Despite the fact that the profanity filter is not working yet, your post is way off topic, ironically nothing but troll bait, and unnecessarily repeating yourself.

-Ed

Oh, I was counting on the profanity filter to work. Edited.

As for trolling, if you haven't noticed, head-fi is the most troll filled forum I have ever been on, and I've been on too many forums to count.

Also, I have an extremely fiery hate for fanboyism.

May 20, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #71 of 122
Yes, how could it not be? Some people might prefer the SS of the iPod earbuds over the JH13 - sound is ultimately very personal and depends on what you are looking for. I guess 

Anyway nice suggestions for players I didn't know in this thread. Gonna read up a bit on those. Or just get a S:flo

Quote:
So it's an opinion the JH13 sounds better than a iPod earbud? LOL.

May 20, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #72 of 122
No. It's a subjective matter. Those RMAA tests are the closest to an objective test and the $50 Clip+ seems to beat it quite a few ways. In all honesty, that PCM 270x series DAC in it is worth around $60, it's not like you have to go through the pits of hell and come back to get one, but it is an extremely good chip if it has been well implemented (See Audio-Gd). You can put all high quality parts together in a small bunch, but it's how well those parts have been implemented in the design which will make something shine or not.

For example, S:Flo2 uses two Wolfson WM8740's, the same as a DACMagic, but does that make the S:Flo's Digital to Analog stage as good as the DACMagic's? I doubt it.

May 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #73 of 122

Quote:
I like the SQ of all my players.. Buy something cheap and spend a bit more on iems.

This. There's some great sounding players out there. Also tbh, I much preferred the Sansa Fuze (default firmware, the Sansa Fuze v1 Rockbox'ed brings it to another level SQ wise, don't underestimate the importance of firmware in portables) over the D2. The D2 is getting a bit dated as well tbh. the Sansa Fuze is silly bang for buck, particularly with the expansion via MicroSD + Rockbox'ed. A Rockbox'ed old brick pre Gen 5.5 Original non-Classic iPod is up there as well. 

May 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #74 of 122
I don't think it's always the Ipod, it's also your speaker input and whatever files you're using. MP3s are condensed and just sound crappy anyways. you need something that plays wav files. or just stick with being old school and support your local record shops!!

thanks.

If you have to buy an mp3 player, the latest ipod you can get is the best, however I've heard that the touch screens go out pretty quickly.

May 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #75 of 122
I like the RH1 for mp3's. I remember making an mp3 himd disc and it had a dreamy druggy sound. It felt really good. It does that with all files really but particularly mp3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back