what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #77 of 82
Dunno what type of vocals you're looking for. If it's like me who prefers them to be full bodied or 'warm' but still clear enough, timbre-accurate and not exaggeratedly bright/'airy' then you may want to take a look at Binary Acoustics Unicorn. They're unbelievably nice for both female and male vocals while still retaining full-range sounds unlike some other vocal-centric IEMs that usually have exaggerated upper-mid to high and anemic bass.

Thing is they're only available through Taobao as of now so you've got to get them through an agent, but they're cheap enough that even total damage is still worth it. Have tried a fair amount of IEMs so far (from cheap ones to $1000s and above), and I haven't heard anything quite like them yet in term of vocals, I should give Final BA line a try though. Oh someone mentioned Ortofon e-Q7, I actually compared that with Unicorn side by side and for fullbodied sounds, Unicorn wins hands down.

I'm all ears if anyone who has tried them thinks there's other IEMs with better vocal reproductions but it has to be the same style (not simply brighter). :D

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #78 of 82
Yeah , I already have the heaven vi, ck100, eq7, finschi, oriolus mkii, I'm02 etc. All well regarded for vocals. Now I am mostly using the Andromeda .But have been looking for something around $300-600 to use outside as I am too scared to bring them out . Something comfortable to wear and over the ear would be nice.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #79 of 82
And have tried and sold a number of other ones but these are the best ones so far. But many are outdated so was wondering IG there are anything new in the market nowadays as there doesn't seem to be a lot good for vocals now.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #80 of 82
The etymotic hf5 is the opposite of V-shaped signature which drown the vocal, it's flat with slight rolled-off treble as opposed to er4sr more pronounced treble. It sound pretty amazing for vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back