What is monstercables most popular interconnect?
Oct 2, 2003 at 5:14 AM Post #61 of 153
5 pairs of cables is a lot. Go one cable at a time. If you're going to use that many, I'd try and find one I really like first.

Oct 2, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #62 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
5 pairs of cables is a lot. Go one cable at a time. If you're going to use that many, I'd try and find one I really like first.

Yes I know. This is what I would need in the end. I have a cdplayer,tuner,and tape deck. I would also need a pair for my connection from preamp to power amp. Total =5 pairs

Oct 2, 2003 at 3:42 PM Post #64 of 153
I may have to go with the 550i. The people who have responded to my posts like the 850 and 950's better but they are much too expensive. Some even like the 550's and these would be more in my price range. How do the rest of you feel about the M550i? Would they be a significant improvement over stock cables or even radio shack?

Oct 2, 2003 at 3:53 PM Post #65 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
I may have to go with the 550i. The people who have responded to my posts like the 850 and 950's better but they are much too expensive. Some even like the 550's and these would be more in my price range. How do the rest of you feel about the M550i? Would they be a significant improvement over stock cables or even radio shack?

There is absolutely no doubt from my experience that the 550i's will be WAY better than RadioShack or stock cables!!

I came to that conclusion long ago when I first bought the 400MkII's. The 550i's are supposed to be a step up from the 400's, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Oct 3, 2003 at 2:47 PM Post #66 of 153
I just did a search on google my search was as follows: audio cable myths and facts. I got some interesting results. Try this search and see what you find. I've found quite a few that say the claims of all wire companies are a bunch of crap. I have to read the articles I've found closely to get a better Idea of what they are stateing. I wish I could provide a link to these articles but unfortunatly I don't know to do that. Any way, please don't let this start a flame war. Just do a search like I did and see.

Oct 3, 2003 at 3:32 PM Post #67 of 153
Quote:

I just did a search on google my search was as follows: audio cable myths and facts. I got some interesting results. Try this search and see what you find. I've found quite a few that say the claims of all wire companies are a bunch of crap. I have to read the articles I've found closely to get a better Idea of what they are stateing. I wish I could provide a link to these articles but unfortunatly I don't know to do that. Any way, please don't let this start a flame war. Just do a search like I did and see.

Tom,

Most Head-Fiers, including myself have seen and read many of these "Myth" articles. I know the ones you are talking about and they have been discussed in this forum quite a few times.

But; It all comes down to different opinions and perceptions. You can't really say these articles are absolutely True or Myth either. Any company that sells a product, including cables, want you to beleive that their product is great, better or just as good as the competition. Not to say that many of these cables are not good or even great.

It's like saying; what's the best Car, Computer, TV, Refrigerator, Pizza etc.....

There are so many choices. I beleive that most people go towards what appeals to them the most, whether or not it may be regarded as best, better or just as good. Some people only go for the best "bang for the buck", others only go for the so called Best or most expensive and beleive they actually have the Best.

Oct 3, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #68 of 153
I guess your right. I liked the 400mkii from monster and have a good feeling about the M-550i. I don't know why,because I haven't given them a good listen. It's just an intuitive feeling I have for them. They look nice,are well build and yet not too expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2003 at 4:10 PM Post #69 of 153
Quote:

I guess your right. I liked the 400mkii from monster and have a good feeling about the M-550i. I don't know why,because I haven't given them a good listen. It's just an intuitive feeling I have for them. They look nice,are well build and yet not too expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, that's the thing. I went back to Monster after trying out several other brands that many claimed were superior to Monster. I'm not saying Monster is or isn't the Best or Better; they are the best for "Me", but maybe not someone else.

A lot of people(not all) will bash products that they don't like and try to make others beleive that the product sucks. You can't go by that. It's just someone else's opinion or perception.

Oct 3, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #71 of 153
Quote:

Kind of like compairing Bounty to some other paper towel
biggrin.gif

What are you talking about? It's all about Brawny
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #72 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
What are you talking about? It's all about Brawny
tongue.gif

No it's about bounty
evil_smiley.gif
bounty
evil_smiley.gif
bounty
evil_smiley.gif
I heared monster has now bought the rights to bounty paper towels. You can plug your ears with the stuff after you've listened to their cables if you don't like what you hear.
tongue.gif
Just kinding. I think magic 77 hit the nail on the head when he stated that it's all a matter of preference. Some people like one cable other's like another. Thanx for the replies Ian,Magic and all the rest.

Oct 4, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #73 of 153
Tom, if are going to try different ICs why not begin with the ones that more people had tried and liked, instead of trying to pick up from the ones people had rejected the most, even when some of them, could be great, for the same price you can get the Outlaws, or even better, than people seems to like better, I'm some kind of sceptic on cables, but all the people couldn't be wrong, something has to be true on that, I have read those same articles also, and many times, and I know that there is a lot of placebo effect on that, some myth, and some truth also, pick up to the point you can afford, or up to the point you feel is true....you will feel better in any case, if you decided to go DIY, choose nice cheap RCA, and get the Canare Starquad, it is simply magic, is a shame I do not have more time to make some of those myself, I doubt you could get better bang for the buck, the canare is just 36 cents a feet....and a very good cable, it has foru conductors inside, and a good shielding, and many colors to choose from......just my two cents.

Oct 4, 2003 at 2:43 PM Post #74 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Tom, if are going to try different ICs why not begin with the ones that more people had tried and liked, instead of trying to pick up from the ones people had rejected the most, even when some of them, could be great, for the same price you can get the Outlaws, or even better, than people seems to like better, I'm some kind of sceptic on cables, but all the people couldn't be wrong, something has to be true on that, I have read those same articles also, and many times, and I know that there is a lot of placebo effect on that, some myth, and some truth also, pick up to the point you can afford, or up to the point you feel is true....you will feel better in any case, if you decided to go DIY, choose nice cheap RCA, and get the Canare Starquad, it is simply magic, is a shame I do not have more time to make some of those myself, I doubt you could get better bang for the buck, the canare is just 36 cents a feet....and a very good cable, it has foru conductors inside, and a good shielding, and many colors to choose from......just my two cents.

I went to the outlaw cable site and looked at how their cables were made. Aside from the different look the cable is made just like the monster. It used twisted pairs of wire,copper sheilding and grounding on one end. Although you may be right sovkiller, the out laws seem way to close in constrution to the monsters.

Oct 4, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #75 of 153
Quote:

I went to the outlaw cable site and looked at how their cables were made. Aside from the different look the cable is made just like the monster. It used twisted pairs of wire,copper shielding and grounding on one end. Although you may be right sovkiller, the out laws seem way to close in construction to the monsters.

Tom this philosophy applies all the time, all the cables are made more or less the same way, and more or less of the same materials, OFC copper, or maybe silver plated, you will not find anything really amazing or different for around that price, unless a miracle, that is why I am sometimes so hesitant on believing in cables, as I will not spend an small fortune on that, and at the end the benfit is minimal, remember that the benefit that a cable will give you, is an small percent compard with the benefit you get from improvements on the rest of the gear, to me more or less all look the same...and maybe will sound the same..but I always try to follow the masses, (if I'm not 100% sure of something) as the possibility of a mistake is diminished, if a huge percent of the people do not like one thing, there has to be a reason, right? Of curse that doesn't mean the other way around, what they like, not necessarily has to be my cup of tea...(see HD600 and brake glass
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back