What is monstercables most popular interconnect?
Oct 4, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #76 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Tom this philosophy applies all the time, all the cables are made more or less the same way, and more or less of the same materials, OFC copper, or maybe silver plated, you will not find anything really amazing or different for around that price, unless a miracle, that is why I am sometimes so hesitant on believing in cables, as I will not spend an small fortune on that, and at the end the benfit is minimal, remember that the benefit that a cable will give you, is an small percent compard with the benefit you get from improvements on the rest of the gear, to me more or less all look the same...and maybe will sound the same..but I always try to follow the masses, (if I'm not 100% sure of something) as the possibility of a mistake is diminished, if a huge percent of the people do not like one thing, there has to be a reason, right? Of curse that doesn't mean the other way around, what they like, not necessarily has to be my cup of tea...(see HD600 and brake glass
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

So what you are say is that monster may sound no different than any other cable but, for some reason they are not liked by the many on this site and other audio sites. My other canidates for a cable are Tributaries, Straight wire, and Outlaw. I also would like to spend no more that 50 bucks or less per meter. For me cables are just a finishing touch but if I'm going to get nice cables I want to do it right. Btw I can't make them my self on account of the fact that I am not much of a handy man and wouldn't trust my work if I tried a "do it your self Job".

Oct 4, 2003 at 4:28 PM Post #77 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
So what you are say is that monster may sound no different than any other cable but, for some reason they are not liked by the many on this site and other audio sites. My other candidates for a cable are Tributaries, Straight wire, and Outlaw. I also would like to spend no more that 50 bucks or less per meter. For me cables are just a finishing touch but if I'm going to get nice cables I want to do it right. Btw I can't make them my self on account of the fact that I am not much of a handy man and wouldn't trust my work if I tried a "do it your self Job".

Well I can't assure that, as I have not tried the monsters, but just to mention one example, the guys at Harvey electronic around here, once when I was looking for some better IC, they just suggest me the monsters, they only carry them, BTW, when I asked for any other, they told me, what for? We have tried most of them, with this nice gear here (a lot of ultra expensive setups BTW) and so far, there is no major difference that justify to spend ten times more on IC, this was the same answer more or less, I have gotten in many other places, are all they lying? I don't know, but IMO, I don't think so, something has to be true on that. Mine, so far, are just AR home theater series and I'm very pleased with the sound, right now I'm trying a pair of MIT that one dear and nice head-fellow borrow me, just for an audition, so far the sound are very nice, but they more expensive...I will keep you updated also if you like of whatever I may found on those....

Oct 4, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #78 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Well I can assure that, as I have not tried the monsters, but just to mention one example, the guys at Harvey electronic around here, once when I was looking for some better IC, they just suggest me the monsters, they only carry them, BTW, when I asked for any other, they told me, what for? We have tried most of them, with this nice gear here (a lot of ultra expensive setups BTW) and so far, there is no major difference that justify to spend ten times more on IC, this was the same answer more or less, I have gotten in many other places, are all they lying? I don't know, but IMO, I don't think so, something has to be true on that. Mine, so far, are just AR home theater series and I'm very pleased with the sound, right now I'm trying a pair of MIT that one dear and nice head-fellow borrow me, just for an audition, so far the sound are very nice, but they more expensive...I will keep you updated also if you like of whatever I may found on those....

In your response above,did you mean you can't assure that......? What about the other cables I mentioned? what do people think of them? Have you read or heard anything about them good or bad? I'm not loyal to any company. I only liked the monsters because they are everywhere and they look rather nice. Also If there is any truth in all cables sounding alike then there really should not matter. I should just pick the ones that have the look and feel that suit my tastes. This could be monster,kiber,trib,straight wire, what ever. Thanks sovkiller

Oct 4, 2003 at 5:10 PM Post #79 of 153
Stores enter into business relationships with the brands they carry. If the store only carries monster, then the store has a relationship with the brand. Take all opinions offered by any employee or owner of any store (no matter the caliber of the store) with a big fat grain of salt.

Oct 4, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #80 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
Stores enter into business relationships with the brands they carry. If the store only carries monster, then the store has a relationship with the brand. Take all opinions offered by any employee or owner of any store (no matter the caliber of the store) with a big fat grain of salt.

This is true but there is also the possibility that there may not be a different in the sound of cables or at best very little difference. Look at some of the post on this thread. One guy went back to monster simply because it was his first brand and could not hear a difference from the others. My dealer who recommened the monsters may have a deal with company but he did say that he thaught that the difference in audio cables was very slight. I think this might be a situation where no one is right or wrong it's just a matter of likes and dislikes. I've asked other audio dealers this question:"tell me in all seriousness is there really that big of a difference in the sound of cables." The only answer I got was that they could not tell me what to buy for my system. They told me I would have to try them out and see for my self. To me that sounds like the dealers are also a bit sceptical of audio cables.

Oct 4, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #81 of 153
Quote:

The only answer I got was that they could not tell me what to buy for my system. They told me I would have to try them out and see for my self. To me that sound like the dealers are also a bit sceptical of audio cables.

There's synergy. You wouldn't want a bright cable with a bright system and then there's your own personal hearing and preference. So the real answer is just to try them out for yourself. Sometimes when you don't hear a difference, there might be something else in your system limiting you.

I found making my own cables was rewarding because then I could hear differences without spending megabucks.

Oct 4, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #82 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen

This is also true, but The Hi-End Corner another store said the same and they do carry more brands, among them, IXO's that are consider very good cables, also...and they reco the monsters again, of course we are not talking of the low budget ones...

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #84 of 153
181-778m.jpg

181-844m.jpg

Good performance for cheap......see Parts Express.com....I mean Good.....

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #85 of 153
Quote:

This is true but there is also the possibility that there may not be a different in the sound of cables or at best very little difference. Look at some of the post on this thread. One guy went back to monster simply because it was his first brand and could not hear a difference from the others. My dealer who recommened the monsters may have a deal with company but he did say that he thaught that the difference in audio cables was very slight. I think this might be a situation where no one is right or wrong it's just a matter of likes and dislikes. I've asked other audio dealers this question:"tell me in all seriousness is there really that big of a difference in the sound of cables." The only answer I got was that they could not tell me what to buy for my system. They told me I would have to try them out and see for my self. To me that sounds like the dealers are also a bit sceptical of audio cables.

Your'e absolutely correct. No one is right or wrong.Everyone has likes and dislikes of different brands.

In your situation; you now have to look at what you can "afford" or want to spend; in other words; your budget.

You really won't know anything unless you buy some cables and try them out. No one can give you a definitive answer of what will be the right choice.

Just visit a few Cable Manufacturer's websites and go for the ones that appeal to you and seem most convincing.

It's OK to get advice from us Head-Fiers; but ultimately you must decide for yourself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #86 of 153
Quote:

Any thoughts on companies like straight wire, tributary or outlaw?I'm looking for a cable that cost no more that 50 bucks for a one meter pair of analog cables.

I A/Bed MonsterCable interlink 400mkII with outlaw audio PCA's. I found the outlaws superior, but not substancially. The difference between my ZuVarials and the outlaws is much larger than the difference between the outlaws and the monsters.

Oct 4, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #87 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Nefarion
I A/Bed MonsterCable interlink 400mkII with outlaw audio PCA's. I found the outlaws superior, but not substancially. The difference between my ZuVarials and the outlaws is much larger than the difference between the outlaws and the monsters.

And which are those differences that you noticed? Just I'm curious, and as I'm planning myself to get some IC to upgrade mine? In other words which is the minimum to spend on cables to get a noticeable difference, between a 50.00 cable and next step competidor?

Oct 4, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #88 of 153
The main thing about the varials is the dramatic decrease of that thing you hate most: Veil. It brings the music closer and with more detail. Highs were smoother with less analytical fatigue, but still increased detail. Bass was cleaner, tighter, and more real. Brought the whole system to the next level.

The difference between the outlaws and the monsters is much harder to put my finger on. The monsters seemed overly warm and veiled. The outlaws are warm and veiled too... but just not as much as the monsters.

Oct 4, 2003 at 10:26 PM Post #89 of 153
Well then the warmer character at the end could be a good thing if your system is a little bright, and vice, right? So IMO a cable has to be according to the system it will be used in, or am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back