What is monstercables most popular interconnect?
Sep 27, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #16 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I've had a few of their cables. The 400MKII wasn't a good cable as it was kind of blurry. The THX series seemed better to me. I'm sure there are hits and misses in their < $70 cable lines. The problem is that there are so many and it's impossible to try them al.

The cable was Blurry?? Your'e kidding, right?

Sep 27, 2003 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
majic77: you say that you've used the interlink 400mkii and liked them. How would the M550i compair to the 400's?

I never tried the M550i, but I beleive it's a step up from the 400MkII.

Sep 27, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #18 of 153
When the thread started all I got at first was negative responses about monster cable now I've got some possitive ones. I had said I was not going to post about monster again due to all the hatred towards their products but I've just changed my mind. I guess many people do like them, including people who can hear a good cable from a bad one. Maybe monster is not so bad after all.

Sep 27, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #19 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by Magic77
The cable was Blurry?? Your'e kidding, right?

I'm not kidding. Much detail was lost with that cable. All the instruments were mashed together and nothing was clear. Bass wasn't tight and high percussions sounded the same. A 'lifeless' cable to me.

Sep 27, 2003 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
I'm not kidding. Much detail was lost with that cable. All the instruments were mashed together and nothing was clear. Bass wasn't tight and high percussions sounded the same. A 'lifeless' cable to me.

I had the same experience. The Monster was better than the "in the box" cable I had before, but compared with good cable, I had the exact same experience as lan. I also found that the high end was rather rolled off. I don't remember what I replaced it with, it was some entry level cable such as those mentioned earlier in this thread and the improvement was incredible. I haven't tried their speaker cables, after my experience with the interconnects I had enough. One interconnect I like that is relatively inexpensive is the DH Labs BL1, although the high end can be a bit bright. A little further up the food chain is the Acoustic Zen WOW. It doesn't have great high end extension, but it has a wonderful mid range to it.

Sep 27, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #22 of 153
Quote:

Originally posted by lan

Ian,

No offense intended.
wink.gif
I understand people use different words to describe things. I guess the 400MkII just wasn't right for you or your system.

Sep 27, 2003 at 3:57 PM Post #23 of 153
Quote:

When the thread started all I got at first was negative responses about monster cable now I've got some possitive ones. I had said I was not going to post about monster again due to all the hatred towards their products but I've just changed my mind. I guess many people do like them, including people who can hear a good cable from a bad one. Maybe monster is not so bad after all.

Tom,

I always liked Monster Cable. Monster was actually the first so called "High-End" cables that I first purchased over 10 years ago. But; like I said earlier; I became curious about all these other brands, so I tried a few.

Most of the other brands I tried were very good, and I didn't try them because I thought the Monsters were bad. It was just my own curiosity.

But, after a while it got too confusing for me, so I went back to the Monsters. I really could not hear any major differences. I'm not saying that Monster is the absolute Best for everyone, but they are good for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2003 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 153
Quote:

Tom,

I always liked Monster Cable. Monster was actually the first so called "High-End" cables that I first purchased over 10 years ago. But; like I said earlier; I became curious about all these other brands, so I tried a few.

Most of the other brands I tried were very good, and I didn't try them because I thought the Monsters were bad. It was just my own curiosity.

But, after a while it got too confusing for me, so I went back to the Monsters. I really could not hear any major differences. I'm not saying that Monster is the absolute Best for everyone, but they are good for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just like any company monster has both good and not so good items in their product lines. It not that all the cables are inherently bad simply because monster can't make a good cable. They can make good cables. Now I would like to find which monster cable is the best for me. Even among monster's product lines there is a lot to choose from and it can get confusing.

Sep 27, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #25 of 153
Quote:

Ian: Have you had any experience with the M Series Cable form monster. I was looking at the M550i.

Sorry I havn't tried these. Rather that spending $ to try a bunch of cables, I decided to just make my own. It's more cost effective.

Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
I haven't tried their speaker cables, after my experience with the interconnects I had enough.

I'm sure they have some duds and some hits. Like I said, I don't even know where to begin when choosing amongst all the selection. They really don't all sound the same.

Quote:

No offense intended.
wink.gif
I understand people use different words to describe things. I guess the 400MkII just wasn't right for you or your system.

Nah, I didn't feel offended. Listening is a personal adventure and experience. There's no universal right and wrong as we all have different ears and equipment.

Sep 27, 2003 at 11:31 PM Post #26 of 153
I think I'm going to go with monster for my cables inspite of the nay sayers. There seem to be a good number of people (probably with better ears than my self) who actually like monster. And there everywhere which makes finding a nice pair quite easy.
Now I need to find the model that I like the best. I'm looking at the M series right now starting with the M550i. If you have any recomendations for the best Sounding M series please let me Know. Thanx Guys and lets here it for those monsters. Great but underrated Cables
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #27 of 153
Heres another question: Many people say that monster cables sounds like the ($2.99 usd) stock cables that come with your gear. They also say that monters have a high frequency roll off. Do the stock cables also tend to have a high frequency roll off?

Sep 28, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #30 of 153
Tom,

I'm not into the technical or scientific side of cables like what you are asking about the high-frequency roll-offs. I don't think you should worry about it. Like I said before; I could not hear any major differences between other brands that I tried.

The Monster cables that I have had are WAY better than the $2.99 ones that you mentioned, No Camparison!!

You mentioned the M550i. I never had those, but I think those would be a good choice. You should check out the differences at www.monstercable.com

I know a lot of people do not like Monster, but there are many other brands that are not liked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back