What is a good sell price for Monster Coppers?
Sep 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

max pl

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Monster Coppers during the Dell sale back in March but have basically never used them.  Took them out of the box, tried them out, but ultimately continued to use my RE0's that I also bought around that time.

Theyre like new condition, only one pair of the tips used once, all packaging still available.

Forgive me if there's no price talk allowed here but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I can sell them for now.  They're just laying in my drawer unused and I guess it was a bad idea buying two nice IEMs at once when I'm not even an audiophile.

Thanks.

Also, how are transactions conducted on the For Sale forum?  Do sales usually go through ebay or is it a trust system?

Sep 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
I bought a pair of Monster Coppers during the Dell sale back in March but have basically never used them.  Took them out of the box, tried them out, but ultimately continued to use my RE0's that I also bought around that time.

Theyre like new condition, only one pair of the tips used once, all packaging still available.

Forgive me if there's no price talk allowed here but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I can sell them for now.  They're just laying in my drawer unused and I guess it was a bad idea buying two nice IEMs at once when I'm not even an audiophile.

Thanks.

They are likely to have the glue defect that the first run of coppers had. Anyone who buys off you isn't going to get the warranty and the housing will separate. So, that's the bad. The not-so-bad is that it's no problem for a normal person who can simply apply a bit of superglue and never have a problem, but we've had some crybabies throw tantrums about it.

Another bad is that your coppers don't have a full set of tips. It was the second run of coppers that have all the tips and sizes.

The bottom line, you should sell for a less than you think you should.

Or, let them burn in and try them again. Hearing music reproduced with the bass it was meant to have will be a revelation after being used to anemic iems.

Sep 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 12
So these Monsters have some glue defect? 

Also, my 4 different bags of tips isnt the full set?

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
how do you distinguish between first batch and current batch of these monsters?

Well, the problems is that I don't know fully when the new set started shipping. The second set of mtpcs has no build issues whatsoever.

Now, at a certain point, mtpcs started shipping with all 5 sizes gel/rubber supertips and all five sizes foam hybrid supertips--but I'm not sure that the start of that coincides with the second run of mtpcs.

If you were actually listening to your mtpcs, then any issues would have made themselves apparant by this point and, obviously, the warranty is excellent for you, the original owner.

Since you haven't listened to them and there is no defect yet manifest, then I'm not sure Monster will give you a new set solely for the purpose of you selling them at a higher price. It's not what the warranty is for.

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 12
so inks all that is needed for warranty with monster is the original buyers name? Dont you need like purchase proof or somthing..

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #9 of 12
well yeah you have to prove that it was bought from an authorized dealer and then the next step will be to just give your address with the original owner's name for an RMA. All they pretty much care about is that they were bought from authorized dealer, from there on you're pretty much qualified.

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 12
so you just send them like the invoice right.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #11 of 12
yes the invoice with the earphones. You don't even have to include the accessories which means you can end up with extras
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 12
To the original OP's question. IMHO, despite the selling price can be set at $1 or $1,000,000 or whatever the seller wishes to sell said item, a good rule that I go by is to sell for no more than what you paid for - period.  Case in point, I too bought the MTPC from Dell for $189 and sold them for the same price after it went back up to retail prices ($399).  If you want to make profit, sell else where like eBay or Craigslist or some other forum.  Bottom line is you can sell for whatever price you want, but it's a good thing to observe the "no profit" golden rule when selling/reselling stuff to your fellow head-fi members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back