What IEM Should I Get
Jul 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gco211

New Head-Fier
I know I just joined, but I've followed head-fi for a while and seem to remember a long thread that was about which headphones to purchase but can't seem to find it.  That said, I'd really appreciate some help on choosing a pair of IEM's.  

My last good pair was Klipsch S4's, which I really liked and found quite comfortable.  Unfortunately, my dog got to them, and they are no longer with us.  So, I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's, with max of about $200, though I'd say I also would love something a bit cheaper if the quality is quite similar.  

I mostly listen to rock, alternative rock, indie rock, folk, and classic rock (see a theme), but really like a balanced sound within those genres and am trying to expand my taste (with mostly folk being a jumping off point and occasionally listening to classical).  I also carry my earbuds in my pocket at all times,so a cord that is durable would be nice (though a good warranty/company is fine).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 7
Here's the thread you are looking for: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-245-iems-compared-phonak-pfe-232-added-07-05-12

I think a GR07 would fit you well. It's great for rock, and has one of the best stock cables out there. it's an over-the-ears headphone that can be bought at around 150+shipping and the current model is called the MK2. Check it out and see if it fits you :wink:

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Here's the thread you are looking for: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-245-iems-compared-phonak-pfe-232-added-07-05-12
I think a GR07 would fit you well. It's great for rock, and has one of the best stock cables out there. it's an over-the-ears headphone that can be bought at around 150+shipping and the current model is called the MK2. Check it out and see if it fits you
wink.gif

Thanks for the help.  That was not quite the thread I was searching for, but frankly, it seems far better.  I ordered a pair of GR07's from Amazon based on that thread plus your suggestion.  One follow up question, if you wouldn't mind though.  Is there anything I should be listening for in particular?   I'm really pumped to listen to the burn in period changes in addition the the overall quality.  Like I said, I'm coming from a pair of S4's, which I really liked, but am looking forward to these arriving tomorrow.  Currently, I'm excited to listen to the quick bass while still not overpowering.  

Are there any sounds you might suggest I should listen for on these?  Thanks!

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Thanks for the help.  That was not quite the thread I was searching for, but frankly, it seems far better.  I ordered a pair of GR07's from Amazon based on that thread plus your suggestion.  One follow up question, if you wouldn't mind though.  Is there anything I should be listening for in particular?   I'm really pumped to listen to the burn in period changes in addition the the overall quality.  Like I said, I'm coming from a pair of S4's, which I really liked, but am looking forward to these arriving tomorrow.  Currently, I'm excited to listen to the quick bass while still not overpowering.  

Are there any sounds you might suggest I should listen for on these?  Thanks!

Just using your casual music is good enough. But you should give it a rest once in a while though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back