What high end AT cans are you currently using?
Jun 25, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #121 of 158
wow, this is an old thread.
tongue.gif
I'm on dial-up so I'm entering the renewed thread a bit slow... don't go online too often currently, but should be online more once I get to a high speed connection mid next week.

anyways....

the thread is not public and doesn't show who voted for what because I made it in April 2004, and back then, before Head-Fi did a major upgrade to the new version of the forum software, the poll options didn't allow for that. at least I believe that was the case back then.

the thread doesn't have the new cans in the ATH-AD series because the thread was made in early 2004 thus the ATH-AD were yet to be announced.

as for jjcha and his new addiction to audio-technica headphones... I'm evil like that.
evil_smiley.gif

speaking of evil... the L3000 and the AT-DHA3000 amp that was released at the same time have amazing synergy. pretty much the best I've heard the L3000's with so far, as you expect something made specifically for it should sound. anyone with an L3000 should consider getting one. they are only $2.5k to $3k new.
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:18 PM Post #122 of 158
I have been listening to the ATH-W1000 through the Headroom MicroStac. I really enjoy this sound. The music that I enjoy with it are Classical, light jazz, Celtic, acoustic, and vocals.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #124 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
wow, this is an old thread.
tongue.gif
I'm on dial-up so I'm entering the renewed thread a bit slow... don't go online too often currently, but should be online more once I get to a high speed connection mid next week.

anyways....

the thread is not public and doesn't show who voted for what because I made it in April 2004, and back then, before Head-Fi did a major upgrade to the new version of the forum software, the poll options didn't allow for that. at least I believe that was the case back then.

the thread doesn't have the new cans in the ATH-AD series because the thread was made in early 2004 thus the ATH-AD were yet to be announced.

as for jjcha and his new addiction to audio-technica headphones... I'm evil like that.
evil_smiley.gif

speaking of evil... the L3000 and the AT-DHA3000 amp that was released at the same time have amazing synergy. pretty much the best I've heard the L3000's with so far, as you expect something made specifically for it should sound. anyone with an L3000 should consider getting one. they are only $2.5k to $3k new.
wink.gif

The DHA3000 has only digital inputs IIRC It is pretty pricey for what it is don't you think. I don't doubt the synergy between the two but then again I wouldn't spend 2.5-3k on a SS amp for one phone. I would prefer to spend 3k on a blockhead and run headphones balanced like the 650's or Rs-1's. i would seriously need to hear it at length and then it would have to perform better than anything else I have before splashing out that kind of money.

I prefer to get amps which work with headphones with equal aplomb. I don't buy amps just for one headphone. Also i would need to hear the onboard dac of the DHA3000.

If you are saying the DHA3000 amp onboard dac is better than the accuphase onboard dac into a decent amp with the L3000 then i would be suprised. Must be a synergy thing.

Jun 26, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #128 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
What can I say, I like my Woody Pr*n
smily_headphones1.gif

If you don't mind me asking, but I will understand if you object. how much did you pay for them? I want to get a good idea what a good conditioned one will cost.

Are you living in Singapore or Malaysia by any chance? Their seems to be quite a AT following there.

Jun 26, 2005 at 8:32 AM Post #129 of 158
Dunno how helpful this is to you - but here are the prices Fujiya-Avic is offering for used headphones. Naturally, as a retailer, they're offering pennies on the dollar...

W100 Y12,000
W1000 Y15,000
W10LTD Y12,000
W10VTG Y9,000
W11R Y17,000
W11JPN Y18,000
W2002 Y40,000
L3000 Y60,000
L3000G Y80,000
EW9 Y4,000

Best,

-Jason

Jun 26, 2005 at 8:48 AM Post #131 of 158
Heh - that's what they're offering to buy used headphones... they sell for a heck of a lot more than that, but right now they don't have any used woodies in stock.

Though I've got my eye on a A100ti...

Best,

-Jason

Jun 26, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #132 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Heh - that's what they're offering to buy used headphones... they sell for a heck of a lot more than that, but right now they don't have any used woodies in stock.

Though I've got my eye on a A100ti...

Best,

-Jason

I know, but if they're buying for those listed prices it must mean someone's been willing to sell for those prices...

Hmm...anyone? My money's as good as theirs
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #135 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
Mikey is getting frustrated
smily_headphones1.gif

Funnily enough nope, mikey has got the w11jpn's and w11r's
wink.gif
It's amazing how intrigued japanese headfiers about Grado phones...
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back