What high end AT cans are you currently using?
Jun 27, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #136 of 158
New L3000 owner checking in. Though, I had been using the W2002 for a few years now, so it's no flavor of the month in my case.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #137 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin
New L3000 owner checking in. Though, I had been using the W2002 for a few years now, so it's no flavor of the month in my case.
tongue.gif

Congrats on the phone. Wait till you hear straight out of the box. The first few hours a beetch.
rs1smile.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #138 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Congrats on the phone. Wait till you hear straight out of the box. The first few hours a beetch.
rs1smile.gif

I dodn't do a lot of listening right off, but pretty close to it and I didn't think they were that bad...

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #140 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I dodn't do a lot of listening right off, but pretty close to it and I didn't think they were that bad...

Yeah the right off sound really mashed my lovespuds something rotten. Never again. Good thing they picked up otherwise they would of been on sale faster than my dislike of R-10's
rs1smile.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #141 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer

Right out of the box the L3000 was like listening through mud. Not pretty. Luckily, some sort of transparency started to kick in in a day or two. They're starting to clear up nicely, and should be fine once they get a few hundred hours on them.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #142 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Yeah the right off sound really mashed my lovespuds something rotten. Never again. Good thing they picked up otherwise they would of been on sale faster than my dislike of R-10's
rs1smile.gif

If I remember correctly, I listened to them for a few minutes out of the box and then let them burn in for a bit unattended so I might have missed it. too Bad!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #143 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Right out of the box the L3000 was like listening through mud. Not pretty. Luckily, some sort of transparency started to kick in in a day or two. They're starting to clear up nicely, and should be fine once they get a few hundred hours on them.
tongue.gif

Now that part I would agree with Hirsch. I found it took a while before the detail started poking it's head up, but I'd seen a post from GoReadWings earlier and I thought he had found the mids quite obnoxious to begin with...

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #144 of 158
Hirsch>I found the midrange completly overwhelmed everything. It had no highs and no lows. Kinda like the ipod earduds. It was all midrange. but then again that's my experience. But i would of preferred to listen your mud sounding l3000's.

Jun 27, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #145 of 158
Oh, I took a listen fresh out of the box. It definitely sounded kinda unfocused/murky and lacking some bottom-end punch, but I was expecting something like that. My previous experience w/ the W2002 fresh out of the box was similar, so I figured the L3000 wouldn't be any different in that respect. Anything I buy new, I just take a brief listen to confirm it works, then let it play for minimum 100 hours before listening again. In this case, I wouldn't doubt it'll be 200-300 hours before I'd feel comfortable really evaluating them.

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #148 of 158
This has gone far enough! Total A-T envy here. My A-900s are having an intense inferiority complex at this point. Enjoy your woodies. In search of...

- walkman

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #150 of 158
I think the LTD is in fact the superior phone - better instrument separation and air to it, and I hear a better clarity in the treble... but I think I prefer my W10VTG. I don't know what it is. I think the W10VTG has a thicker sound - it's got more body to it. The LTD to some degree has a slightly more delicate sound - actually, it reminds me a little bit of what I don't like about the ATH-W1000. I'm sure I'm just W10VTG biased since they have such sentimental value to me... and I really ought to give the W10LTD more listening time... maybe I'm just a W10VTG fanatic.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back