What high end AT cans are you currently using?
Jun 25, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #106 of 158
Just got the W2002 in yesterday - but I sent them to my high-end audio dealer to look into having some minor scuffs refinished. They certainly sounded purty.

Honestly, I am slowly coming to the opinion that the W11JPN is the prettiest audio-technica woody. I had thought it was the W2002 - but I dunno... I think I like the darker plastic housings... something about the W2002 made it seem less substantial than the W10VTG - a feeling I always had about the W1000.

Hmmm. I wonder which woody will end up on the bedside table. I am definitely on the hunt for a W11JPN.

Best,

-Jason

Postscript: I guess I didn't realize how much I lucked out on the W10VTG find. Every woody I've seen ages pretty bad - the wood is easily marred, the pads get old real quick. Guess I lucked out the W10VTG is in such great shape - it's in better condition than any other used woody I've seen.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #107 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_T
Count me among the four W11R owners.

The chum in the water is mighty thick.
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #109 of 158
L3000!

Got lucky on my 1-hour lunch break; with good timing I intercepted the mail-lady and got my L3000 today! They're used but in like-new condition, so the gamble of bidding on a Yahoo Japan auction (that I couldn't even read) paid off. What a work of art: they look, smell, and sound beautiful. Only listened for about 30 minutes so far, but that's the best I've heard The Who's "Tommy" sound.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #111 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
L3000!

Got lucky on my 1-hour lunch break; with good timing I intercepted the mail-lady and got my L3000 today! They're used but in like-new condition, so the gamble of bidding on a Yahoo Japan auction (that I couldn't even read) paid off. What a work of art: they look, smell, and sound beautiful. Only listened for about 30 minutes so far, but that's the best I've heard The Who's "Tommy" sound.

Awesome news. Congrats. Time to be a Pinball Wizard.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #112 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
jjcha&f1gtr>Oh boy, with us three hunting the w11jpn's, it ain't going to be no picnic. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

Thank god I'm not in running for a W11JPN against you guys, competition is tough and cut throat.

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #114 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Thank god I'm not in running for a W11JPN against you guys, competition is tough and cut throat.

Which basically means "Ha ha losers, I just snagged a pair"

Mulvelling>No way dude, you sold off the hp-2's now you must pay for your sins. Unless of course you thought they sucked tagnuts.

But hey congrats on getting the l3000's. Can't wait to read your review of them.

Oh crappers do you think the l3000's are turning into FOTM???
rs1smile.gif

EdipisReks>anyone who advises headfiers to smack their only pair of headphones around is either cruel, jealous or damn crazy...you're cool!!!!

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #115 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Which basically means "Ha ha losers, I just snagged a pair"

Mulvelling>No way dude, you sold off the hp-2's now you must pay for your sins. Unless of course you thought they sucked tagnuts.

But hey congrats on getting the l3000's. Can't wait to read your review of them.

Oh crappers do you think the l3000's are turning into FOTM???
rs1smile.gif

Nope, I thought the hp-2's were pretty neat.
Don't actually know why I sold em off - must have been Jedi mind control
wink.gif

Yeah, dunno, seems like there's a lot of excitement over the L3000 in a short period of time, huh?

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #116 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Nope, I thought the hp-2's were pretty neat.
Don't actually know why I sold em off - must have been Jedi mind control
wink.gif

Yeah, dunno, seems like there's a lot of excitement over the L3000 in a short period of time, huh?

Huh, looks like Recstar been up to his old Jedi mind tricks.

Yeah there does seem to be quite an interest in the l3000's. It often gets overlooked. I suppose if you are willing to stretch to the l3000 retail price you might as well go for the R-10's. But with very limited availability and increasing prices maybe people are settling what they feel might be second best. Difficult to say.

Mine are still new so I need to spend more time with them. But they certainly showing signs of potential. It certainly offers an alternative taste if the R-10's are not for you. But there are not many people who dislike the R-10's. I probably could count them on one hand.

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #117 of 158
W1000 in a tie for 2nd with 18 votes...interesting.

These were the first high-end cans I ever bought & I still love 'em. They're getting better sounding & more comfy with age. I've bought & sold some other good cans over the past 2 years or so... but I've never considered selling the W1000's...I don't think I'll ever part 'em. Definitely keepers imo.

Peace,

Graz

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #118 of 158
GoRedWings, try getting the W2002 pads for your W100's. The original pads were way to hot for me as well, but the W2002 pads fixed that problem up pretty quick.

Graz, how do your W1000's sound with your Gilmore amp? I have a Gilmore Lite, and im very interested on trying out the W1000's again with my Gilmore Lite, but since the Gilmore Lite is so transparent, i fear that the W1000's would be to harsh and bright with the Gilmore...do they synergize well?

Jun 25, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #120 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Graz, how do your W1000's sound with your Gilmore amp?

Definitely on the bright side, but still sweet....give 'em a try with your Lite. I think you'll dig it. Let me know what you think.

Peace,

Graz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back