What high end AT cans are you currently using?
Jun 23, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #76 of 158
Nice impressions fr4c. The W11JPN's have also intrigued me, and ill probably look out for a pair in the future. Do you know how much they go for on the used market nowadays?

It seems like the W11JPN's and the W100's sound pretty similar. Your description mirrors the traits of the W100's; a musical, lush, engaging experience..and are also very forgiving on recordings.

Jun 23, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #77 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Nice impressions fr4c. The W11JPN's have also intrigued me, and ill probably look out for a pair in the future. Do you know how much they go for on the used market nowadays?

Thanks. I have absolutely no idea how much these headphones go for nowadays, as I've had them since they were first released. Maybe jjcha can fill you in on that information.

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #78 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
Thanks. I have absolutely no idea how much these headphones go for nowadays, as I've had them since they were first released. Maybe jjcha can fill you in on that information.

One high-end audio shop that specializes in headphones tells me a used W11JPN goes for about $500+. But they move fast and usually sell the same day. Just gotta keep checking their webpage for when one pops up.

http://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/d-style/tyuko-o2.html

I did ask them to keep an eye out on woodies for me. We'll see if any pop-up before I leave Japan.

widds2v, I think I'm going to Fujiya-Avic with another head-fi'er this weekend to pick up a Stax system for him. You're welcome to come if you're interested. PM me your contact info.

Best regards,

-Jason

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #79 of 158
Just got a pair of ATH-EW9. Although they are meant for portable use, I've rarely taken them outside for fear of scratching or damaging them...an armored carrying case would help.
biggrin.gif
I've heard of people waxing their woodies. Has anyone done this with the EW9?

Edit:

I must say that you'd need a very clean amp to drive these. Driving these with the headphone out on Yamaha DP-U50 produces a very noticeable hiss, especially on lower volumes or quite segments of a song. On the other hand, the hiss isn't audible if I plug a cheap headphone into the DP-U50. I guess this surprises me a bit as I thought the DP-U50 was supposed to be decent (although nothing spectacular).

Jun 24, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #80 of 158
No option for AD2000??

here IS my baby:
k1000smile.gif

IMG6909.jpg

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #82 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
15998Picture_014.jpg

Oh my my my....perhaps the most beautiful of headphones all lined up. I personally crave the W2002's if only as a beauty model to be displayed under glass, like a fine solitary red rose.

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #83 of 158
Zanth>I won't spoil it for you and tell you how it sounds. The W2002's midrange will shake your tagnuts something rotten...
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Notice how the w2002's even look clearer in pics than the other two...It's calling your name...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #84 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Zanth>I won't spoil it for you and tell you how it sounds. The W2002's midrange will shake your tagnuts something rotten...
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Notice how the w2002's even look clearer in pics than the other two...It's calling your name...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ssshhhh, these are the only phones that I know of that my wife was actually anxious for me to purchase. Though I am a Grado man at heart, I believe my wife would permit some room in the family for a pair of the beauties. If they sound the part...I could see them living comfortably next to my RS-1's
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #85 of 158
I'd merely take the W100s, if they could be found!
rolleyes.gif
Aaaargh, I'm most envious of that line-up, goredwings19. I think you were punished by the hockey gods for having so many wanted and excellent headphones this past year.
evil_smiley.gif
As a rangers fan, I am was kinda rewarded by the cancelled season -- lesser of two evils.

Enjoy your stock, and let us mere mortals know if you have any inclination of letting go of the junior W100s.

gracias, - walkman (richter)

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #86 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkman666
I'd merely take the W100s, if they could be found!
rolleyes.gif
Aaaargh, I'm most envious of that line-up, goredwings19. I think you were punished by the hockey gods for having so many wanted and excellent headphones this past year.
evil_smiley.gif
As a rangers fan, I am was kinda rewarded by the cancelled season -- lesser of two evils.

Enjoy your stock, and let us mere mortals know if you have any inclination of letting go of the junior W100s.

gracias, - walkman (richter)

Your a Rangers fan???? Okay lemme add you to my "headfiers to troll" list...done. So how come Bryan Trottier coached your team????
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

I still listen to my W100's. Although in this current heatwave I don't last long in them!!!!
rs1smile.gif
It's like having two blast furnaces on my ears.

I rarely sell stuff. The moment I sell something I usually want to listen to it or use it. Even If I don't like it!!!

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #87 of 158
Trust me "Stevie-boy," as a 30+ year strangers fan, I've suffered far worse than the trottier term. Namely, the current 7 year drought, and the pre-1994 drought (aaaah, but '94 was special), and nothing on the horizon thanks to freakin Dolan jr the owner. A horribly run organization. I can go on and on...I do miss the game so, though. It's the best, and I miss playing TSN fantasy hockey, too! Well, they will surely sign a labor contract shortly, that's the word. The players gambled wrong. You're team is the exact opposite of mine in terms of how to successfully blend youth and veteran talent, so kudos. Long live the octopus.

Now, after all of that rink ingratiation, and the heat you can feel in your soul with those W100s, coupled with the fact that you have the leatherheads and the beauty 2002s, you really do want to give a sorry-ass rangers fan a lush woodie break, donchya? Aaaaaaaar.

- walkman (john davidson?)

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #88 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkman666
Trust me "Stevie-boy," as a 30+ year strangers fan, I've suffered far worse than the trottier term. Namely, the current 7 year drought, and the pre-1994 drought (aaaah, but '94 was special), and nothing on the horizon thanks to freakin Dolan jr the owner. A horribly run organization. I can go on and on...I do miss the game so, though. It's the best, and I miss playing TSN fantasy hockey, too! Well, they will surely sign a labor contract shortly, that's the word. The players gambled wrong. You're team is the exact opposite of mine in terms of how to successfully blend youth and veteran talent, so kudos. Long live the octopus.

Stevie's all good and that but he's not my fave wings player. Ted lindsay and sergei federov are. Ted Lindsay for the way he played the game. Nobody got one over scarface. And the Judas sergei for when he wanted he was totally amazing come playoff time.

94 was special? Because they should of renamed your team the New York Oilers. Yeah and that curse was a real doozie.

But my all time fave is No.4 for the Bruins.

Quote:

Now, after all of that rink ingratiation, and the heat you can feel in your soul with those W100s, coupled with the fact that you have the leatherheads and the beauty 2002s, you really do want to give a sorry-ass rangers fan a lush woodie break, donchya? Aaaaaaaar.

- walkman (john davidson?)

Funnily enough...nope
rs1smile.gif

To stop Alex's thread going OT with hockey talk. PM me your fave hockey players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back