What headphones use a detachable cord with 3.5mm plugs at both ends?
Jan 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 29
The Equation Audio EP3070 and Apex 35 for sure, the Superlux HD681, HD681F and HD681B have detachable cables but I'm not sure if they have the same jack at both ends, and the Numark PHX Pro has a detachable cable - but I havn't seen what type.

Edit: Also the M-Audio Studiophile Q40 - just saw it in Jokers thread.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 29
Shure SRH750DJ come to mind right away, however the female 3,5mm of the headphones is narrow on the side, so it might be tricky to slide in a new cable if the plug is bulky.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 29
Goldring DR150 (flush), V-Moda Crossfade (recessed), some of the Dre Beats (flush), all of the higher-end Equation Audio phones (locking).

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 29
AiAiAi TMA1 also have the mini to mini cable.
Seems like Br777 beat me on that one
o2smile.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 29
I believe the HD668B you mention has a 3.5mm short cable attached to it and you would plug a female  cable into it, not a double sided 3.5mm  cable - this is the picture from paw music.

As for the HD681 as I said I don't know what kind of cable it uses but the paw music website states about the HD681 series:
Detachable 1m and 3m cables are included, single-sided. Also included is a cable clip to prevent pulling out the headphone cable accidently ...

I do not own these headphones so I am just going by what I have seen and read online. I am deciding between the HD668B and the HD681B. Some websites say the HD681 is closed, some semi open. Very hard to get reliable info sometimes.

Be careful - before I came here I spent the last 20 years using $10 Sony buds, since finding this site I've spent $600 on headphones in 4 months.

Edit: after going to the Superlux website and looking at a hi res picture it looks like the HD681 does not have a detatchable cable. Perhaps someone else knows?
JL

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 29
sorry to necro/bump this thread but I was curious: I've read that the srh750dj and the m40 actually have 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables..is this true? So my question is - What Full Sized closed headphones actually have detachable cord with 3.5mm plugs at both ends?

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 29

Quote:
I believe the HD668B you mention has a 3.5mm short cable attached to it and you would plug a female  cable into it, not a double sided 3.5mm  cable - this is the picture from paw music.

As for the HD681 as I said I don't know what kind of cable it uses but the paw music website states about the HD681 series:
Detachable 1m and 3m cables are included, single-sided. Also included is a cable clip to prevent pulling out the headphone cable accidently ...

I do not own these headphones so I am just going by what I have seen and read online. I am deciding between the HD668B and the HD681B. Some websites say the HD681 is closed, some semi open. Very hard to get reliable info sometimes.

Be careful - before I came here I spent the last 20 years using $10 Sony buds, since finding this site I've spent $600 on headphones in 4 months.

Edit: after going to the Superlux website and looking at a hi res picture it looks like the HD681 does not have a detatchable cable. Perhaps someone else knows?
JL

The current HD681 definitely does not have detachable cables, unless you use wire cutters.

Apr 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #14 of 29
So besides the Z1000s and some of the Ultrasone line of Headphones, are there any other closed back headphones with Detachable 3.5mm plugs on both Sides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back