What headphones should i get from 100$-300$? (anything else a little bit above or below is fine)
Feb 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dudzy

New Head-Fier
ok, i do not want a headphone which is not good looking. The beats are a perfect example, they are really really good looking, but apparently dont have good sound (i read on this website). I also would prefer the headphones for house music (hard house), hip hop, things like that for the bass. With that said, if i want to listen to a song like "Dream on" by Aerosmith, it will not sound awful. Let me know what you think.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
HFI 580 always a good choice to start with or you can get the more pricier PRO line from Ultrasone.

I use the Ultrasone Pro 750 and OP these are great phones. That being said if your source quality isn't very good these phones will emphasize the bad in them. I find that on the rare track that I have at ~128kbps it sounds faint, and can easily crackle on the Pro 750 - well it sounds worse, that's for sure. This is when the "problem of Ultrasone and sibilance" comes into play (imo). However if you have decent files (256kbps+) then you'll be a-ok. I listen to a variety of music, including a lot of different styles of techno - and all sound great. Bass is tight and DEFINITELY present, I feel that they look good (aesthetically), and they are comfy, especially the velvet pads. I saw one on eBay recently at $240 + shipping, not a bad deal imo.

I use mine with the Fiio E5 currently, but the Fiio E7 should be at my door any day.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Save yourself some money and get the Koss Pro DJ 100. My suggestion would be to get those and a good amp for under $150.
I don't know why, but I have all these nice $170+ headphones and I keep going back to my $80 Koss. What's wrong with me?
One of these days I'm going to do a review comparing my ATH-AD2000, HD-598 and DJ100! The mids on the DJ100 are just addicting.
I once thought they'd be a poor match for bass heavy music, but now definitely not.

BTW I did a comparison of them vs the HFI-680 you can find on here. Guess which one I preferred?
I wonder..what Ultrasone has the most forward sounding mids? Any of them?
The price of the Ultrasone Pro 900 just annoys me. Ultrasone's pricing reminds me of Monster. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back