What foods won't you eat?
Jan 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #391 of 424

Quote:
I drink milk, just need to boil it first. I don't think milk classified as young-animals....

Quote:
So you don't drink milk either, right?

My point was veal is a direct by-product of milk production. Milk is just as eww as veal, unless the scale of "eww" is directly proportional to the relative proximity to the blood and all that it represents, from the slaughterhouse to the grocery shelves. In that case, I guess the milk is two steps removed. Its almost like laundered money.  

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #392 of 424
Quote:
khaos974, you don't drink milk?
Quote:
Well, lucky you, 99% of the milk in supermarkets is already pasteurized.

Anyone ever eat uncooked tempe (a.k.a. tempeh)? When I was a child I like to nibble to uncooked tempeh bar. My Granma used to chided me for that. LOL. But it tasted good, and those fluffy-white part is just tempting :D

My point was that saying you you boiled milk before drinking it is pretty strange nowadays since 99% of the milk you can buy is already not raw. For myself I don't have any problem with drinking milk.
Uncooked tempeh? No idea, I never ever tastes tempeh, but as a rule I usually don't have problems with soy based products including stinking tofu and natto beans so I don't expect a problem here either.

As for what I eat an don't eat, I probably eat everything to wrote in your list, including "eww animals" such as frogs, snakes, snails, moving octopi tentacles...
As for raw meat and fish, you are really missing out carpaccios and sushi
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #394 of 424
Quote:
Quote:
I probably eat everything to wrote in your list, including "eww animals" such as frogs, snakes, snails, moving octopi tentacles...

*thumbs up*

Havent tried moving octopi tentacles (yet) but the rest are all delicious when prepared competently :)

Indeed, I'm French with Chinese origins, that should tell you about what I'm ready to eat
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #395 of 424
I think drinking milk is different with eating veal. veal is meat from calf right? Calf is not eww animals, I just don't think it's right to eat calf.
Quote:
My point was veal is a direct by-product of milk production. Milk is just as eww as veal, unless the scale of "eww" is directly proportional to the relative proximity to the blood and all that it represents, from the slaughterhouse to the grocery shelves. In that case, I guess the milk is two steps removed. Its almost like laundered money.  

Wow, you really could eat lot of stuff!! Snail is tasty, and not included on ewww animals category for me.
Not all sushi made from raw meat/fish, so as long as it's cooked, I can enjoy sushi. Big no to sashimi...
Carpaccio is like sashimi made from meat right? No thank you, I'll just let you enjoy it.

Quote:
My point was that saying you you boiled milk before drinking it is pretty strange nowadays since 99% of the milk you can buy is already not raw. For myself I don't have any problem with drinking milk.
Uncooked tempeh? No idea, I never ever tastes tempeh, but as a rule I usually don't have problems with soy based products including stinking tofu and natto beans so I don't expect a problem here either.

As for what I eat an don't eat, I probably eat everything to wrote in your list, including "eww animals" such as frogs, snakes, snails, moving octopi tentacles...
As for raw meat and fish, you are really missing out carpaccios and sushi
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #396 of 424

Quote:

My point was veal is a direct by-product of milk production. Milk is just as eww as veal

Not necessarily.  Obviously some of those veax do grow up to be cows.  That's how you get the milk and beef.  Plus, even though milk bottles are confined to a small space they aren't actually alive.  FYI, there are free-ranged veal btw.  

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #397 of 424

Quote:
Indeed, I'm French with Chinese origins, that should tell you about what I'm ready to eat
rolleyes.gif

If it moves....

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #399 of 424
Being Vietnames/American, there are just some horrendous dishes that I cannot wrap my mind around knowing what's in it. This is called Bun Rieu, and that red blob you see there is dried pig blood. The dish itself is subpar, but i will never eat it with that dried blood in there.

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #400 of 424
Quote:
Being Vietnames/American, there are just some horrendous dishes that I cannot wrap my mind around knowing what's in it. This is called Bun Rieu, and that red blob you see there is dried pig blood. The dish itself is subpar, but i will never eat it with that dried blood in there.

Never tried pig blood* but duck blood or chicken blood is quite tasty.

*it's actually possible that I've had pig blood before but forgot about it because it was so unremarkable
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #402 of 424

Users who are viewing this thread

Back