What foods won't you eat?
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #61 of 424
Before being a vegetarian I never liked to eat fish much. Sushi would have been totally impossible for me. I don't know where this came from. I could eat Tuna fish and maybe Mahi Mahi, but that's it. Strangely enough I didn't have any problems eating bluegil that we caught in our old pond we had when I was growing up. Never been a fan of any Seafood. Sometimes I'd eat Lobster and Crab, but that's about it.

95% of fish I just could not eat. I know this makes no sense. I think all my life I've never been a big meat eater. Just Hamburger mostly.

I also hate and refuse to eat:

Wax Beans
Seaweed
White Bread
Blue Cheese
Taco Bell
Pork Rinds
Cottage Cheese with fruit (why do people do this? Nasty and makes me cringe!)

I also stopped my addiction to Diet Pop (gave up the regular kind in 2000).
Haven't had anything other than Tea and water in a year. Go me. I'm now trying to get up artificial sweeteners.
Haven't hard any alcohol in over 3 years and I'm not a recovering alcoholic! Honest.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #63 of 424

Quote:
No meats and absolutely no fried foods.

2 things that i cant live without. 

Well, everyone have different tastes. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #64 of 424

Quote:
2 things that i cant live without. 

Well, everyone have different tastes. 

When I started exercising I found I hated fried foods and haven't touched them in about 2.5 years.

I also got food poisoning from pork and decided to go vegetarian.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #65 of 424

Quote:
When I started exercising I found I hated fried foods and haven't touched them in about 2.5 years.

I went through a strong diet and cut out fast food and heavy fat.

I can't stand anything that you can feel the grease slide down your throat. Anything fried in oil, I can feel the oil cover over my mouth.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #66 of 424
I absolutely can't stand squash and yams. Just the texture.

But other then that i am open to about anything and i practically eat everything.

I am a sucker for fast food though. It's fast and flavorful.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #67 of 424
I am discriminant with food. I like going for the most exotic things on the menu...but sometimes it bites back at me. I ordered sea urchin at a local sushi place. I've had it before elsewhere and like the unique taste/texture but at this place it tasted like paint thinner. Holy mother of God it was terrible. My eyes were tearing up from how hard I was gagging. I love seafood more than anything else, especially shellfish but only when it is fresh. 

I also like cooking very much. It seems that chicken has fallen out of favor with me since it is so dull as far as texture and flavor goes. I'll eat sea urchin or anything else on the menu but bland ol' chicken is the devil.

I can't eat food cold. Anything served warm must be eaten warm. Otherwise the scent alone makes me gag. 

That's all I think. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #68 of 424

Quote:
I am discriminant with food. I like going for the most exotic things on the menu...but sometimes it bites back at me. I ordered sea urchin at a local sushi place. I've had it before elsewhere and like the unique taste/texture but at this place it tasted like paint thinner. Holy mother of God it was terrible. My eyes were tearing up 

Sea Urchin must be very fresh otherwise it can be quite unpleasant. It's kind of an unforgiving seafood where if it is not in great condition, it can be offensive. One time, I ordered raw oysters at a bar and it was obviously past it's expiration, wow, it was like bad toilet water. I had to refuse it and I never actually refuse anything at a restaurant but this was very wrong. 

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #69 of 424
Sea Urchin must be very fresh otherwise it can be quite unpleasant. It's kind of an unforgiving seafood where if it is not in great condition, it can be offensive. One time, I ordered raw oysters at a bar and it was obviously past it's expiration, wow, it was like bad toilet water. I had to refuse it and I never actually refuse anything at a restaurant but this was very wrong. 

You've never had to send a meat back because it wasn't cooked at the specific degree? Lucky man.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #70 of 424

Quote:
I am discriminant with food. I like going for the most exotic things on the menu...but sometimes it bites back at me. I ordered sea urchin at a local sushi place. I've had it before elsewhere and like the unique taste/texture but at this place it tasted like paint thinner. Holy mother of God it was terrible. My eyes were tearing up from how hard I was gagging. I love seafood more than anything else, especially shellfish but only when it is fresh. 

I also like cooking very much. It seems that chicken has fallen out of favor with me since it is so dull as far as texture and flavor goes. I'll eat sea urchin or anything else on the menu but bland ol' chicken is the devil.

I can't eat food cold. Anything served warm must be eaten warm. Otherwise the scent alone makes me gag. 

That's all I think. 

Cold burritos are the best though. When I used to eat Taco Bell in vast quantities I'd stick it in the fridge first to make it cold and then eat it.

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #71 of 424
The way I see food, is that if it has no calorific value, its probably not worth eating, so any product labelled as 'diet' I won't eat, because its making a food worse, and selling it for more.
I won't drink diet drinks, as I hate artificial sweeteners in anything other than toothpaste, and chewing gum.
Both tuna, salmon, and infact most oily fish, taste foul to me, not sure why, the flavour just makes me want to gag, as well as the smell, white flaky fish is fine though.
I hate wine, it tastes foul, I don't see why you'd ruin good grapes to make the stuff, especially when there's good beer, and spirits going.
my biggest gripe though, is on chicken, its a meat with no particular flavour, except for chicken fat, which tastes revolting.
I don't understand how its so popular with the world.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #72 of 424
In terms of complete dishes or entrees Ill literally eat anything.  Strangely though I also can't stand eating things like raw tomatoes although I enjoy just about every single tomato-included dish even if it is raw (salsa, sandwich, salad, etc...).  Its not so much the taste, but something with the feel and texture of it in my mouth.

Actually for the most part, I avoid nearly all raw fruit in general.  Tastes good but irritates the crap out of my throat and mouth.  Probably have OAS although never confirmed.  Raw vegetables though, I love.  Heck I even eat raw garlic which non-Koreans find a bit strange.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #73 of 424

Quote:
The way I see food, is that if it has no calorific value, its probably not worth eating, so any product labelled as 'diet' I won't eat, because its making a food worse, and selling it for more.
I won't drink diet drinks, as I hate artificial sweeteners in anything other than toothpaste, and chewing gum.
Both tuna, salmon, and infact most oily fish, taste foul to me, not sure why, the flavour just makes me want to gag, as well as the smell, white flaky fish is fine though.
I hate wine, it tastes foul, I don't see why you'd ruin good grapes to make the stuff, especially when there's good beer, and spirits going.
my biggest gripe though, is on chicken, its a meat with no particular flavour, except for chicken fat, which tastes revolting.

I 100% agree. Bland tasting boring meat. Only time it tastes good is if you put shake and bake on it. I generally find chicken really dry and it just doesn't taste good. I much prefer red meat. Give me steak any day.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #74 of 424

Have you ever eaten 'good' chicken? the kind that was raised in with real grains and and in an open environment with enough space to run? Because, it tastes nothing like battery rasied chicken, the meat is tasty and flavorful.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #75 of 424

Quote:
Have you ever eaten 'good' chicken? the kind that was raised in with real grains and and in an open environment with enough space to run? Because, it tastes nothing like battery rasied chicken, the meat is tasty and flavorful.

Yes, I've had everything from battery raised, corn fed, free range, all the way through to proper, almost wild chickens from my grandparents farm, yes, the flavour and depth of flavour changes, proper chicken is alot nicer, but I still don't enjoy it, it's like 'hey this is ok, for chicken.... now where's the real meat at?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back