what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #196 of 362
It was born from a random name generator for my first character in FFXI, a male Tarutaru.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #199 of 362
At the time I subscribed to Minidisc Community Forums I was heavily listening to The Mars Volta (I really like 'em still, but listen to postrock / drone more nowadays). I didn't want to make my screenname an overly obvious reference to the band still, so I opted for 'The Low Volta'.

I soon learned that the reference was a) pretty vague (no one linked it to the band) and b) created expectations as to me knowing something about electronics and electricity (and while I have had two years of uni level physics, I remember jack all from that) so I couldn't help anyone with those questions
biggrin.gif

So switched handle to make the reference clearer and less electricity linked, hence: Televator

Only later I learned that there is also a Televators on these boards, so it is a bit confusing

Jul 9, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #200 of 362
I've used Finthen as my email account and screen name since the early days of my internet useage. It actually is the name of a small German town, just outside of which was the airfield I was stationed at durring the early '70s, which had its own microbrewery and beer named Finthen...

So somewhat naturally, I thought, I would prefix the word to Hi-Fi.....
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #204 of 362
I've been using mine going way back also, long before Head-Fi. I almost stayed with just F107 which was still available back then, but F112 was just as important, and the only way I could easily join the two was with a "+" sign, but the answer would have simply been F112. And the F107 would have been lost.....

.....shucks; I dunno.
rolleyes.gif

Nice lil' jet engines though.

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #206 of 362
It's a color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back