what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Jul 9, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #182 of 362
Mine is just too sophisticated. You won't understand.
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #186 of 362
Contrary to what some people would think, my name is not some corny james bond rip off. I originally was trying to get the name of simply, 0. The number zero. But your name has to be at least 3 characters long. So I tried 000. Taken. 001. Taken. 002. Taken. 003. Tak... hey wait, it worked!

I did not originally do that on head-fi, it was on another forum a really long time ago, and ever since then I have just used 003 on all the forums I join even if 000, 001 or 002 are actually available. In some cases 003 is taken so I had to use zerozero3.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #187 of 362
Mine is just a name that I used to use during my counterstrike days. I cannot remember what my inspiration for it was way back when.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #189 of 362
sh0ebox is a nick that i came up with a long time ago when i played CS. just came up randomly and stuck ever since... i guess it fits me though since i am a shoe fanatic (not so much anymore as i used to be)

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #190 of 362
Several years ago, I was signing up as a member on a forum (AVS Forum?) and I tried my name and several other choices and everything I tried was already being used by someone else. I ended up trying uofmtiger as a last resort and it worked, so it kept it. When I went to other forums, including this one, I always tried it first and never had a problem with someone else having it already.

uofmtiger = Univerisity of Memphis Tiger.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #191 of 362
'jules' was taken so I added '650' only because I just bought a Treo 650 prior to joining head-fi. Funny thing is that it's got nothing to do with the HD650..

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #192 of 362
Absorbine Junior is a muscle linament. There is no product named Absorbine Senior. The nickname came from an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. In one of the between-movie sketches they were making up names for new Superheros. At one point Joel (I think it was Joel) mentions "the awesome power of Absorbine Senior". It struck me as funny so I ripped it off.

A_Sr.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #193 of 362
amphead the thread necromancer strikes again! Seriously, man, you know that these topics are ancient, right? This one started in 2002!
blink.gif

Anyways, my screen name comes partly from the fact that I'm a Final Fantasy fan and mostly from the fact that I'm a furry. Back in the day I used to use the name of the card game from FF8, "Triple Triad," as my screen name for everything. Eventually, I decided to cut it down to something a little more normal - "Trip." I later adopted it as the name for my furry identity, too. But, since that's not an uncommon name for people to use on the internet, I often do the usual furry thing and append my species to it to make it more unique.

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #194 of 362
HCI stands for Human Computer Interaction a course that was part of my Information Systems Masters, man stands for man, and 77 is a bus route that runs from Tooting to Waterloo in London (UK)

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...ield-10277.pdf

passing along Earlsfield Road where I lived from 1982 to 1988.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...app=newmap.srf

No 107 iirc, opposite Bucharest Road about 100 yards from the launderette and chippy and 1/2 a mile from Wandsworth prison, last stop for Derek Bentley, the last man to hang in Britain (1953).

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #195 of 362
A short version of my real name.
Kai ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back