what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Jan 25, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #166 of 362
When I was in the Secret Service my partner jumped in front of a bullet saving my life, and ending his own. His name was Sam, so that's where the S comes from. The W is to remind me of a boy named Wullu in a remote village I lived in during my time in the Peace Corps. Even though he never had much to eat he always insisted on sharing it with me. The T comes from a type of Martial Arts I studied in Thailand, but I can't tell you the style, it's only known in a certain village and very secret. The 61 refers to how many children I've fathered.

Or it could just be my initials and the year I was born. You decide!
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #168 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was in the Secret Service my partner jumped in front of a bullet saving my life, and ending his own. His name was Sam, so that's where the S comes from.

The reports of my death were greatly exaggerated. I was chosen to do undercover ops at rest areas and welcome centers through out the southeast. There was a terrorist cell plotting to stop up toilets across the south, at these locations, in unison, using a hijacked shipment of Charmin previously bound for Port Arthur. If successful, this would effectively flood the entire Mississippi Valley. These people were not the type to play games. "Please don't squeeze the Charmin" was just a joke to them. They squeezed the Charmin with out conscious and now they wanted to use it to against our own people.

I'm sorry SW, but they wouldn't let me tell you. You are better off for it. The things I've seen...

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #169 of 362
Quote:

When I was in the Secret Service my partner jumped in front of a bullet saving my life, and ending his own. His name was Sam, so that's where the S comes from. The W is to remind me of a boy named Wullu in a remote village I lived in during my time in the Piece Corps. Even though he never had much to eat he always insisted on sharing it with me. The T comes from a type of Martial Arts I studied in Thailand, but I can't tell you the style, it's only known in a certain village and very secret. The 61 refers to how many children I've fathered.

wink.gif

So how do you take care of all those kids, Bob?

Jan 25, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #170 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how do you take care of all those kids, Bob?

They're only allowed one pair of clothes, and a used set of KSC-75's each.
Plus I have them working in the factory cranking out swt61 headphone stands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry SW, but they wouldn't let me tell you. You are better off for it. The things I've seen...

Oh My God, You're alive! Hey do you have that $20.00 you owe me?

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #174 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'nuff said.
biggrin.gif

man, I did not need to read this! And to think, all this time, I thought you had a Great Dane pet dog or you were Danish!

Quote:

When I was in the Secret Service my partner jumped in front of a bullet saving my life, and ending his own. His name was Sam, so that's where the S comes from. The W is to remind me of a boy named Wullu in a remote village I lived in during my time in the Piece Corps. Even though he never had much to eat he always insisted on sharing it with me. The T comes from a type of Martial Arts I studied in Thailand, but I can't tell you the style, it's only known in a certain village and very secret. The 61 refers to how many children I've fathered.

wink.gif

OK, I have to admit, you had me hooked right until the Thai secret martial arts.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #175 of 362
It means "Silencer" in German, although some translate as "muffler" I wholly prefer the former for obvious reasons. Someone actually did point out how it was a bit weird having that name on this forum. I got the name when I was thinking of a screen name for FPS games, and since I'm usually the sniper or any sort of stealth fighter, I thought the name appropriate, but unfortunately I wasn't the first one to think of the name. So I just translated it into one of the four languages I have small grasp of.

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #177 of 362
I was around 13 years old (-96), when I first time started to IRC and play netgames and socialized to the internet, i.e. played Quake1 Team Fortress in clans. (Actually my first TF handle was "Nakkisormi" in Finnish and roughly translated as "Frankfurter finger"). At that time, I played roleplaying game named Battletech (Mechwarrior) and read a lot of BattleTech novels.

And in those novel there were one Mech named "Yen Lo Wang" (the Mech of the hero), which is in also in Chinese deity God of Death and Ruler of Hell. Wow, how cool name is that for a young geeky kid!
biggrin.gif
I did also played Planetarion and Empirequest (browser strategy games) with the handle of Yen.

Then apparently when I grew up, got bored with those games, matured and finally tossed the Lo Wang part.

Now I am known in IRCnet and various forums as Yen.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #178 of 362
i fragged a million guys on counter strike after watching "enemy at the gates"
zaitev is crap, he was juz lucky

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #179 of 362
i used to live in a tiny village in the south part of the Mt. Aso region in kumamoto, japan...village was called kugino. wonderful place, great people, and boasts the "world's largest outdoor stage." (i kid you not...it's huge).

sadly, the village has recently consolidated with some neighboring villages to form "Minami Aso" (south aso) and "Kugino-Mura" no longer exists as a sovereign entity...but in my heart it will always be "kugino" (sniff sniff)
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #180 of 362
In English it means:
amp as in amplifier.
head as in the large bump on the top of my neck.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back