what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Jul 11, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #227 of 362
Rather obvious... when I picked up my name badge at the National Meet the girls looked at my name tag and then at me and said "Yep!"

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #228 of 362
*AHEM*

my handle is more of an "insult" than anything else. but i have nothing against them! i made this name when i was 11 years old and it has stuck with me since then

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #229 of 362
Basically it's my initials and name. AMD = Doc + Hamm. The last name is borrowed from my spouse. He's the real Hamm (pun intended). I used to be called Doc as far back as I can remember, for several reasons. Again my initials, my inate ability to fix things, build things, my study of medicine, sports trainer, my love of philosophy and more. I seemed to have gained a reputation for creating, fixing, repairing and being good at various things.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #230 of 362
I was a DJ in high school, would do gigs on the weekend for money. Had technics tables with ortofons, crown amps, JBL speakers, etc. recstar24 was my DJ name.

How did I come up with that name in the 1st place? REC are my initials, 24 was my basketball number, and I just put a star in there because I thought it was cool at the time.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #232 of 362
This is my DJ name, pronounced shenron. It means peaceful dragon god, a nod to my birth year (1976) and my nature. The spelling is a SFII reference, with the first g. Your wish has been granted.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #233 of 362
I love basketball, and when registering for my first e-mail address (hotmail) I tried bball it was taken but bball2 wasn't. Now I use bball2 everywhere
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #234 of 362
Vic Ajax is the hero of the disowned, underrated, hilarious slapstick caper, Crimewave.

Crimewave_DVDbox.jpg

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #236 of 362
Family name: Stevie Babes is my sis-in-law's nickname for me, & it's been shortened down over the years to steviebee...

Altho I sometimes go by my alter-moniker El Squid, but it never caught on....

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #237 of 362
back in school sometime ago like in 6-7th grade i used to play D&D it was the name of my paladin that 1 made and it stuck only cause i found it easy to type after i have done it for soooooo long.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #238 of 362
This thread is sure some fantastic reading.
tongue.gif

"Asr" is simply a shortening of "Asrale," which I use/have used on other forums. I use the shorter form wherever possible, just because.
wink.gif
"Asrale" was devised by my own crafty mind about 5 years ago (whoa, time flies) because I was tired of using generic names and wanted to come up with my own unique one that was just ME (and unlikely to already be in use on a large forum), so I handpicked some of my favorite letters of the alphabet ("a", "s", "r", "l") and tried to form something unique with them.

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #239 of 362
Hi, I am Kane and I am from Africa
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back