what do you guys think is a little better than fa-003?
Feb 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

diodiel

500+ Head-Fier
man i kinda gave up trying to buy fa-003 but i dun wanna buy a headphone thats a downgrade from it either... just a last opinion about whats a good alternative or saome what better for you or even what is on par against it? thanks a lot!! =)

Edit:im thinking beyerdynamic phones but not sure which one
-B&W p5 how about this one? or ultrasone pro750 =)

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 23
I've been told that they are very similar to a closed version of the hd600. You can find the Senns easily enough that's for certain.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 23

Quote:
man i kinda gave up trying to buy fa-003 but i dun wanna buy a headphone thats a downgrade from it either... just a last opinion about whats a good alternative or saome what better for you or even what is on par against it? thanks a lot!! =)

Edit:im thinking beyerdynamic phones but not sure which one
-B&W p5 how about this one? or ultrasone pro750 =)

I can give my $0.02 on the Pro 750. You either love them or hate them - that simple. Some say they have issues with sibilance others disagree. Ignoring that potential issue though I actually love mine. They provide, for me anyways, a very clear yet fun experience. The bass is tight and present, mids aren't recessed too much, and highs are clear. Honestly I love em and although I've been looking at the Pro 900s I really don't know that I want to move to them lol.

And for the Beyer's I'd suggest DT770 or DT990. Check out this brief discussion. Some people prefer the DT770 others the DT990. Just remember that different versions exist (32ohm, 80ohm, 250ohm, and 600ohm) and if you're running unamped or with a smaller amp then keep to the lower impedance.

I'm pretty sure there's a full review on the B&W P5 on this site somewhere..

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 23
thanks guys hmm i didnt know theres a closed hd600 that sounds interesting.. do they have a special name?  @ speed yea im considering pro750  now lol i was rreading abt esw9 too iono if theyre that good tho

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 23
ill be able to afford it if i get my refund ffrom srh750 lol.. have you seen es10? they look nice too

Quote:
Quote:
haha bro lets both get that pro900 ill proly be able to afford it next week... just that people will think im insane

Lol I'm currently pursuing getting a used one. So I hope to have it being sent to me soon hahaha. This new hobby of mine is gonna kill my bank.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
ill be able to afford it if i get my refund ffrom srh750 lol.. have you seen es10? they look nice too

Quote:
Quote:
haha bro lets both get that pro900 ill proly be able to afford it next week... just that people will think im insane

Lol I'm currently pursuing getting a used one. So I hope to have it being sent to me soon hahaha. This new hobby of mine is gonna kill my bank.

From the looks of that people just suggest the M50 over it - half the price but not half the phone (better bang for buck). Honestly I'm gonna see if this used deal works out - presuming it does the Pro 900 on it's way lol. I love these ultrasone's so far, so the 900 can only be better haha.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 23
Well you can get them new on eBay for $320+shipping. So I have that choice or this used option - we'll have to see.

I then may sell my Pro 750s or keep them.. don't really know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back