What do you do for a living/money?
Feb 11, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #61 of 171
Financial Analysis. Not exciting, but I don't think I'll be dying in the line of duty, so it is good when you have a wife and 2 kids.

Before that, I was in the military and had no problem doing life-risking things. Now, just the thought of fast-roping out of a helo makes me sweat.

Feb 11, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #63 of 171
I'm doing a PHD in communication sciences... state funded
biggrin.gif

so I get to study television for a living and I'm spending the dough on audio-equipment (recording and listening)

life's good

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #64 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by feckn_eejit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm an overpaid, underworked high-school dropout who met the right people at the right time in IT. All luck, no skill, no dues paid... I hate myself.

I hate you too!!!! I'm the opposite! overworked, UNDERpaid, IT professional with a degree!
frown.gif
life sucks!

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #68 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full time student at the University of Waterloo. Money from parents and co-op jobs.

What program?

I was in Computer Engineering, but I didnt fair so well (im not cut out for university). Right now im on a coop job (they let me do it even tho I failed first term...) testing cell phone games. So im making alot of money that I can spend (bought some DT770's).

Afterwards Im gonna work at my old job for the summer, pretty decent income (although most of it will be saved for a house for next school term). I have applied to Conestoga College for IT (as well as Business and Culinary skills, my 3 most enjoyable things to do, I thought it was engineering but I guess I was just trying be an elitist).

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #69 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a couch potato who feeds off welfare, food stamps, sec 8, medical, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work, guys! Keep those tax dollars coming, I have to get the HE90 by the end of the year!

rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #70 of 171
On weekends, I shove small japanese creatures into palm-sized balls, then chuck em at wild bears. People pay good money to see such things.

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #71 of 171
Software Engineer at a Financial Company full time, freelance webdesign with a bud of mine part time.

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #72 of 171
Brilliant problem solver, great analytical skills but compltely underappreciated Programmer Analyst / Systems Analyst for Rogers Canada waiting to land a job in Silicon Valley / San Francisco Bay Area so I can move there happily when my girlfriend moves there in 4 months to work for Google.

Ugh, job hunting in US sucks when you're in Canada! Really, really hope I can find one soon.

Feb 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #73 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shoot people and they give me money. seriously, being a photographer is a really fun job

Photography as a profession can be fun, but it can also be seriously hard work, depending on your specialty. It can also be very draining, from a creative standpoint. I've done it, both part-time and full-time, and I enjoy it a lot more when I do it for myself. If I can sell what I shoot, so much the better.

I now work as an Engineering Aide doing electronics R&D. I enjoy the work (mostly), and it gives me access to parts and test equipment, and the occasional freebies, like soldering irons
icon10.gif
On the down side, it makes me somewhat less inclined to spend my off time building circiuts...since that's what I do most of the time at work.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #74 of 171
im a recently graduated english major from york university canada. now, i work in the exchange part of the international office helping exchange students find their way through applications, visa, housing etc etc in order to study at york for a term or a year. it is quite fun and in fact, will be going out with them this thursday to do some shanghai food 'Ding Tai Fung' *bloody good.

as for salary, not too good, but my rent is not much and i save quite well. i budget for one good headphone per year or upgrade and usually sell what i do not listen to anymore. unfortunately, i like very much both headphones i have, the dt880 and dt770/80. bother, next i am looking into a proper dac and eventually speakers amp/preamp for my new flat.

my next stage is to go back to japan for a year to apply for jobs as i don't think i could stay in canada/north america much longer... cheers.

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #75 of 171
In reality, I am an unemployed student. I used to freelance design tons of logos and other graphic design stuff (websites, etc.) for gaming clans and other organizations (designed a logo for a high school hockey team, etc). If you need any of this kind of work and can pay me (in cash or audio equipment
wink.gif
), go ahead and PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back