What do you do for a living/money?
Feb 13, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #76 of 171
Sue polluters on behalf of the American people.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #77 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brilliant problem solver, great analytical skills but compltely underappreciated Programmer Analyst / Systems Analyst for Rogers Canada waiting to land a job in Silicon Valley / San Francisco Bay Area so I can move there happily when my girlfriend moves there in 4 months to work for Google.

I keep hearing great things about Google; e.g. No. 1 employer to work for, perquisites offered to employees are unmatched, etc.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...ompanies/2007/

Quote:

Originally Posted by electrathecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sue polluters on behalf of the American people.

Are you a lawyer employed by OSHA or something?

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #78 of 171
High school senior, make all my money from allowance from doing minor chores, doing favors for people, gifts, and I teach computer programming at a camp during summers.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #79 of 171
currently a student learning how to point out the obvious flaws in the global capitalist political and economic world order
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #80 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What program?

I was in Computer Engineering, but I didnt fair so well (im not cut out for university). Right now im on a coop job (they let me do it even tho I failed first term...) testing cell phone games. So im making alot of money that I can spend (bought some DT770's).

Afterwards Im gonna work at my old job for the summer, pretty decent income (although most of it will be saved for a house for next school term). I have applied to Conestoga College for IT (as well as Business and Culinary skills, my 3 most enjoyable things to do, I thought it was engineering but I guess I was just trying be an elitist).

no way dude, are you at Tira?! I was there last summer for work term! fun place to work, you missed the office in York Mills, was alot nicer, but there's way more stuff around Eglinton.
Any, CS student at Waterloo here, money from co-op jobs/student loan/savings set aside for me from my parents.

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #83 of 171
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Dirty corporations better watch out!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #84 of 171
I'm a lawyer.

After paying rent + endless bills, I put a certain amount of each paycheck into discretionary spending. When it amasses to a decent amount, I buy stuff. Headphones/audio equipment is usually toward the top of the list.

I also find it interesting (maybe even amazing) how people of a very wide age range (teens to old folks) can find a place to actually talk to one another -- on basically an equal footing -- and have a good deal of common interests.

moon pie. what an age to live in.

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #85 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by ap3rtis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no way dude, are you at Tira?! I was there last summer for work term! fun place to work, you missed the office in York Mills, was alot nicer, but there's way more stuff around Eglinton.
Any, CS student at Waterloo here, money from co-op jobs/student loan/savings set aside for me from my parents.

Yep im at Tira. Lol they keep telling us about how bad you guys were (they said they hated last term's COOP students because all you guys did was watch Youtube all day.. well all i do all day is pretend to test the game while surfing these forums...).

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #86 of 171
Pharmacy tech at a hospital. People take too many pills!!! *twitches*

This place is so bad for me. Suddenly, I can rationalize spending $180. So much for buying a drum kit.
blink.gif

And yes vcoheda, this is an awesome place.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #87 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep hearing great things about Google; e.g. No. 1 employer to work for, perquisites offered to employees are unmatched, etc.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...ompanies/2007/

Oh yah, incredible working environment and the salary + benefits are pretty much unmatched. The only thing you have to know is that Google gets 3000 resume's PER DAY! If you get in, it's great, getting there sucks.

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #89 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yah, incredible working environment and the salary + benefits are pretty much unmatched. The only thing you have to know is that Google gets 3000 resume's PER DAY! If you get in, it's great, getting there sucks.

Google called me last week and wanted to set up an interview after seeing my resume, but I never sent them my resume. =T Guess they took a look at it on Dice or something. Too bad I'm not interested in the position as being a localization engineer at IBM, (Taipei office) during the summer of 2005 was not my slice of pie. =T Maybe next time Google.

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #90 of 171
I'm a student, but for money I work for my parent's business, making a mailing list/database. I also mow lawns etc in the summer, and work in the leisure centre/wait on/do odd jobs at the hotel during holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back