What did Santa-Fi get you? (CD exchange)
Dec 14, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 77
I was a bit affraid you could already have that cd. I'm glad you didn't
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

Du Pré is simply amazing. It's really a loss she wasn't able to record more.

Dec 15, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #32 of 77
Quote:

but... DJ Shadow is not just 'some DJ' ... promise me to give it at least a second chance. Endtroducing is one of the greatest pieces of sampled music ever made IMO.

Holy crap dude...

DO NOT diss DJ Shadow and call him just "some DJ"... Yes, I'm with Philodox on this. What a lame comment.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940
I was a bit affraid you could already have that cd. I'm glad you didn't
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

Du Pré is simply amazing. It's really a loss she wasn't able to record more.

It is an absolutely wonderful 2 CD set with unbelievable range of selections. The emotion she conveys is simply awesome. Those CDs are going to be stuck in the upstairs player for some time. Thanks again.

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffL
What a lame comment.
rolleyes.gif

I would not call it a lame comment... he comes from a very different background musically. He liked Microbunny and that makes him ok in my books.
cool.gif

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I would not call it a lame comment... he comes from a very different background musically. He liked Microbunny and that makes him ok in my books.
cool.gif

Thanks, calling it a lame comment was a little rough. I am 44 years old and grew up on the Grateful Dead, Allman Bros., Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc. The closest I get to anything that sounds like DJ Shadow is Sound Tribe Sector 9. I am listening to the disc at the moment through HP-2's. I will have to say it's not bad. It's not what I would have thought of from someone called DJ Shadow. The quality of the recording is excellent. I don't think I gave it a fair shot the first time I listened to it. Will it be heavy in my rotation, probably not, but I won't ignore it either. Thanks Phildox. I do like Microbunny better.

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #36 of 77
Recieved my CD from becomethemould yesterday - Gotta say i'm mostly lovin' it!
biggrin.gif
Great choice mate!
smily_headphones1.gif

*edit* - Name/group might be good! - Doh!... Butterfingers-Breakfast At Fatboys

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #37 of 77
Received Kenny Burrell double CD (Blue Note Sessions) from Asterix. It's an awesome archive of the early recordings of one of my all-time favorite guitarists. How did you know?
580smile.gif
Thanks man. Many hours of good listening here.
CPW

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #38 of 77
Well I couldn't resist opening mine either even though my package from NacMacFeegle came nicely wrapped in Christmas paper. Lindsay was most generous and he got me Susan Tedeschi "live from austin" and a CD from a group that is new to me "full frontal folk". They are an all female folk group and I found it very enjoyable on my first listen. Now that I am off for a few weeks I plan on listening a bit more and look forward to really listening to the lyrics in depth. Susan Tedeschi is one of my favorite current day female blues singers. A great gift Thanks Lindsay!

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #39 of 77
I couldn't resist opening mine either. Null sent me a very tasty Specials CD. I had never heard of ska music -- I'm old, ok -- and this CD is a great intro to this music. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have asked Null for a recommendation for a couple of other groups to expand my exposure to ska.

Thanks again Null for a great CD!

skr

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #40 of 77
John,
You are most welcome,and many thanks for the two you sent me.I guess there is a lack of willpower round these parts as I swore to just put mine under the tree as well,but that lasted all of 2 minutes before I cracked.

-Nac...

Dec 18, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #42 of 77
Well I got my California Guitar trio from Stephen (thrice), very nice CD, and very nice and delicate gesture of ordering the wrapping of the CD, unfortunatelly I shipped mine without wrapping, hope he like them as well, and don't pay too much attention ot the wrapping...LOL...Thanks man, and thanks Zanth for making this possible....
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #43 of 77
From damitamit in the UK, I received Nitin Sawhney's "Beyond Skin". Lush sounding Eastern influenced pop (not really sure how to label it - it needs none other than good!) that is a pleasure via headphones. I've ordered two more of his albums since hearing this. Thanks Amit!

And thanks for the wonderful idea of this exchange!

A_Sr.

Dec 18, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #44 of 77
I hope one of them was Prophecy... It is my favourite by him. I recently found Migration at a used CD store and it is quite nice as well.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back